My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bag 'em, Tag 'em...

My bag got tagged! Or rather... my bags got tagged. Well actually, the contents of my bags got tagged.

Now, as excessive as this may seem ("may? may??") all these bags, well these are just this week's bags. These are only a few of the bags I carry. I change bags pretty much everyday so I carry a lot of pouches for easy transfers and nothing gets lost in transit.  And I change bags every day because I change modes [not moods] everyday and I have excess baggage.

Before I carry on (geddit?  geddit??  no?  ohkayy...) and divulge and describe and disseminate, here's something to think about and then freak out about.  You can thank me later.

Where has your bag been?  Where do you put your bag when you go to a public restroom or when you're seated at a restaurant table or at a bar or when you're in a vehicle or public transport or anywhere that's not surgery room level sterile?

Now, where do you put your bag when you get home?  The kitchen counter?  Dining table or dressing table or desk or bed???  Think about what I'm saying here.  All together. EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Tip: always wipe down or spray your bag with anti-bacterial wipes or spray before you place your bag anywhere you may eat off, etc.  Now... on with the show and tell...

© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010

1. This week's main bag - burgundy leather, very roomy, with a thousand pockets. I love pockets.
2. Faces - my every week 'fun' bag, which is also Australian slang for breasts. Or breast.
3. Super - my yoga & acro-pole & Taiko bag.  To give me the extra superhuman oomph I need.
4. Sequin Trim Tiger - my casual evening bag
5. Vintage Gold 'Crocodile' bag
6. Black leather zips & chains bag - my 'rock' bag
7. Vintage British Airways Inflight bag - I have 2 vintage BA bags. Am desperately searching a vintage Air India bag. 

© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010

Now for the CSI stuff! And the tags...


[PLEASE NOTE: I HAVE REMOVED THE IMAGES 24/08]

So the lovely, vivacious Queen of Accessories, Hippie Holly from 'Hippie by Heart, Thinks Fashion is Art' tagged me to find out what makes me [and the others] tick!  eek.  Never thought of it like that!

Here are the rules of the tag:
1. Click pictures of what is inside your bag and describe the contents
2. Link to the blog of the person who has tagged you
3. Tag at least 5 other bloggers
4. Tell us what is your favourite thing in your bag!

Shall we begin?

1. My 'Star Wars' eco bag because I am an environmentally friendly nerd
2. Current sunglass choices; vintage perspex and Cutler & Gross hot pink slims that really don't suit me but I love them
3. my glitterati make-up bag that's got lipstick, mascara, lipgloss, eyebrow brush, skin blotters, deodarant, etc, twas a gift from my Soul Sister
4. My archaic mobile/cell that is still the slimmest one ever!  And it does what mobile phones are supposed to do... takes pic.  And make and receive calls.
5. My camera case sans camera of course! Also has 3 spare batteries in it.
6. Body Shop Vanilla edt, only fragrance I use.
7. Cocoa Butter.  I smell like vanilla and chocolate and occasionally coconut, every day.
8. The 2nd best lip balm ever. I make the best. [for those that don't know, I make and sell my own natural skin care range]
9. Who can do without anti-bacterial hand gel now huh?
10. My wallet, have had this one for over a decade now!  Wow.
11. Hair stuff
12. My Swiss Army Credit Card...like a SA knife except slim.  Very useful.  I normally carry a small toolkit as well but it's not here....hmm...
13. One of my pouches that carries stuff like my handbag hook (so I don't have to put my bag on the ground!), snakeskin tampon case (yes I said tampon, no I'm not going to fluff over the fact that I'm a woman, get over it), pen stain remover, hairbrush, tissues, lots of other things, post-it notes, memory stick, etc
14. sewing kit
15. rain poncho
16. 2 mini tripods; one bottletop and one standing
17. notepads and pens
...and the 2nd pic... forgot to photograph these because they were in my Faces bag (I used 2 bags today)... my main notebook, my voice recorder, my MP3 player that's currently filled with Spanish and Cantonese language lessons and Flamenco music, and my castanets because I have an assessment coming up and castanets are my weak point, I suck at them!...what I haven't photographed is the sockette my castanets wear so they're not loud in places where they shouldn't be!!

So... I don't know who's been tagged so please forgive me if you've been double tagged...but I want to know what makes YOU tick -

Tex from Fashion Butter
Leah
Sonali from Bollywood Style Diaries
Leia's Delights
rk hall from Studio Swag

...I actually want to add a few more names so please check back, I've backdated this post but it's currently 3am!...as for my favourite thing, it's......what? ohhh look at the time... must go...

40 comments:

T said...

Thanks for the tag, my dear friend. It's like I *knew* you were going to tag me or something ...........

http://www.fashion-butter.com/2010/06/dumps-like-truck.html

: )

bollywoodstylediaries said...

love ur black trench coat..u cant go wrong with the classics!!

I have a handbag hook which I use to hang my bag so I dont have to put the bag on the eeeeky floor:-) love ur faces bag and the sequin trim bag..snakeskin tampon case!! man, now I need one:-) sewing kit - thats a good idea..

Thanks for tagging me..will try to get to it asap..

Hippie Holly said...

Yay!! Thanks for being such an awesome sport and doing this tag! :) At 3 am nonetheless!!! :)

The bag hook is such a neat idea!! We are so going to order ourselves some from Etsy! :)

Love all your bags, especially the Rock Chick bag and the Superman and Faces print bags! :) So cool!!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

wow, you have a lot of bags. interesting that you change your bags every day. i do love that star wars bag! :)

and you're right--we should definitely disinfect our bags every day. i'm going to do that right now.

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Tanvi said...

I love that faces bag and the vintage BA bag! :) Quite a fabulous grab! I love your pictures where you are smiling from your heart [or so it seems to me] Like the second one :) .... Oh good even you have a lot of stuff in your bag. And here I was being made out to be someone who carries crazy heavy bag :)

Books&Jewels said...

They make these purse hooks now that double as braclets!! They are great for when you go out, but still won't solve my problem of leaving my bag on the floor when I get home =(

Chicago Chic said...

Ciao darling! Your smile is completely MESMERIZING...you are just so gorgeous. Your bags are amazing and what a great tip! I'm going to remember that! Your body looks simply amazing in that sweater dress, WOW.

By the way, I passed on an award to you in my recent post! It's because I love you! :):)
xxxx
Rachel

Tanvi said...

Oh I forgot to tell you that I actually carry the bag in which my 'bag' came in and cover it while I get back home and put it in my bag closet. Also when I am at the security check or at a restaurant I never put my bag on the any surface always lay a cloth underneath. See I am crazy! I know :P

P.S. I reallly really like when you surprise with comments on my old blogs! That's really sweet! Really :)

P.P.S. I am avoiding my mom and her call for two days till she forgets about this bag-post ... else I'll have it from her [even at this age!]

Vinda Sonata said...

hey. how're you dusk? great bag, fun post! i love reading your posts. you're tons of fun!
have a nice day!!

Kahani said...

tee hee tis a "bag-themed" day. Loooove your burgandy leather bag. So gorgeous. And pocketses. I adore pocketses.

Fab Five said...

haha wow I love these photos! you have quite a collection of bags! I must say I definitely have a weakness for handbags... I've never hung mine form trees tho =P

You look stunning as usual!

Leia said...

Well hello gorgeous!
I change my bag regularly when I'm on the go as well. And I SO know what you mean about putting bags down in gross places! I constantly wipe my bags (that's why leather or leather-bottom bags are great - they clean so easily) but I also have a bag holder type thing so I don't have to put my bag on the floor in restaurants.
Oh and! Thank you for tagging me!! I think I've done this tag before so I'll search for it... or else just do it again! :D

Leia said...

Ah! Found it! http://www.thehifashionsite.com/2009/06/handbag-essentials.html

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Yooohooo men should be reading our posts while we blog about bags you know! ;) Love your sweater here...gosh you alwaus look mega tall...how tall are you?? **complex**

;) And thanks soo much for going through my older posts too and not being a "I'll return the favour" commenter! :)

Leah said...

Hi Dusk! I always try to learn more about the person by looking at the contents of the bag. I'd say you are a very practical and down-to-earth lady.

And I also wipe my bags everytime... I have wet wipes everywhere.

I did this before...

http://leahtaas-infocus.blogspot.com/2009/09/sunset-and-whats-in-my-bag.html

But I want to do it again... I'll just have to get well. I have been down with flu for the past 5days.

Killer Drama said...

hehehe very cool tag indeed, i love the superman bag. and bag no. 4 - HOT.

Couture Carrie said...

Love your collection and these pics ~ the red dress looks fantastic on you!

xoxox,
CC

Mary @Delightful Bitefuls said...

Great tips of where to leave your bag! Great pictures and lovely blog!

xxMK
Delightful Bitefuls

ellinelle said...

..wonderful and colourful pictures ..real eye candy ; )

Ellinelle xxx

Rach said...

Gorgeous photographs! You always look so poised and striking in your pictures :]

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Oh oh and your trench coat too...is it a trench coat? Look like one to me! Love it anyway! :)

FASHION CHALET said...

Hot pink fan :)

Great blog & I love your style!!! :)




xx

D e g a i n e said...

these photos are so fun!


D E G A I N E

http://www.fashiondegaine.com

Yaary said...

love the trench! cutee the bags on the tree :)

Amanda said...

hello!! I think I was wearing another layer over the bodysuit. Think it was a black cardigan. Haha. I forgot to mention it in the blog. Also, thank you so much for helping spread the word! Seriously, don't be pressured to do photos. Haha. Hope you had a great weekend.

You said you lived in South East Asia? Which part? I grew up in Malaysia.

xx, Amanda

michelle_ said...

you look lovely in this pink and black look !!
the boots are killer as well !

www.glistersandblisters.com

T said...

oh wait, girl! You gave me an an idea. I am gonna do a beach bag post! coming soon ...............

XX

Devina said...

Thanks for your comment..

Loved your outfit so much... Loved the way you mixed the pink with simple black top to toe...
Fav: your boots!!!

My Unfinished Life said...

you got such a lovely collection of bags!!!
i liked the faces bag the most!!!....

i like your idea of segregating stuff into pouches, since i have quite a few bags and have to transfer frequently, i guess this is a gud way not to lose/forget stuff in transit!!

Silvia Couture said...

wow the color of the dress is perfect with your skintone! Love love your shiny boots!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Oh my, so many bags and great pictures! Honestly, I never thought about 'bag hygiene' and our bags normally get thrown on the kitchen table... EWWWW! Lucky we hardly ever it at a table... double EWWWW!
Wishing you a great start to the week! xoxo

Niki said...

love the pink on you! and thanks for your visit :)

xx Niki
http://ahautemess.ca

Vintage Obsession said...

The British airways bag i have had an eye on for a long time ,hoping to see it on your recycle list :-P :-)
I have a similar sweater in grey , this got me so excited to see you have something similar :-)

Barbara von Enger said...

What gorgeous bags you have too.
I do care for my bags and always have a bag holder handy at restaurants. My bags never sit on the ground. Lovely post and how dazzling and elegant you look too.
Happy Monday;-)

Keith said...

These are fantastic photos. You look amazing. Have a great week.

Suruchi said...

Hey Dusk,
I am still deciding if I love the bags hanging from the branches more or I love that amazing woollen dress more!
You look gorgeous*aren’t you tired of hearing that?*
And I love the bag with those many faces:-)and your slight tilt of the body pose as you stand in between them....claaaaaaaaasic;-)

Unknown said...

The bag tag! Your bags look so innocent and unsuspecting from the outside but they're an implosion of glitter and pink and animal prints on the inside that I love! :)

Dusk said...

Hello lovelies... finally I have made the time to respond to all your lovely comments... all greatly loved and appreciated!

Thank you so much for your patience and to some of you.. thank you for coming back regardless of my lack of response or reciprocity!

I've got a new round of bags I'm carrying now!
...glad we all agree on the disinfecting of our bags!

***********

@ Tamanna - yes that's a trench coat hon, I have a huge collection of coats and capes... and bags. and shoes. boots. shoes. bangles. gloves. okay. everything. :)
...and I'm 5'8"...as far as I'm concerned, not tall enough, I have a family of giants, my youngest is now taller than me at 14, my daughter is 6 foot, one son is 6'4", husband is 6'2" so see? I'm short in comparison!

@ Tanvi - LOVE that you do all that hon! I look after my shoes the way you look after your bags except the airport thing, although I have had to take my shoes off before!...and that's why what you do is a very good idea!

@ Amanda - I used to live/work in Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore and have travelled throughout SE Asia quite a bit.

Thank you again lovelies!

Anonymous said...

Hi there

Looking forward to your next post

Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed theduskzone.blogspot.com before in my searches!
Interesting post. Thanks for posting