My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Just a Big Kid...

Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. ~Mark Twain
Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis
Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children. ~George Bernard Shaw




....and this is me when I was a kid...

I was 13. 1983.  Haven't changed much. Other than the wrinkles, blemishes, freckles, etc. More attitude then. Less maturity now.
...and this was a for a hairstyle editorial.  My first modeling assignment.  My father hit the roof!  Didn't model again 'til I was 18!


8 comments:

Leia said...

I LOVE it when you post pictures from your past. You were such a fiery beauty even at age 13!

Is it just me or does your hair look more shiny/glossy/gorgeous than usual? I love your hand and wrist embellishments. And your shoes. And your 'big-kid-ness' - because my mum is just like that and so am I!

Pleasepleaseplease take a picture of your current nails; I am *dying* to see how they look!

Leia

Killer Drama said...

awwww....cute :)

Tanvi said...

Your mismatched nail painting is just so unique. so YOU! :) I like you, when you were 13 too! But I think I like the current you MORE! ;) No reason just a feeling I am getting.

But one thing I feel I have in common with you is that the older I get, a little immature, too I am get [more silly than immature may be in my case] but it only means one is letting their guard down and letting life take its course, right?

Vibhuti said...

Indeed you are blessed! Age has had no effect on your looks at all!
And your childlike love for life shows through every pic. Really!
Im fid once again over that ring AND the bling too..I even like that one odd-man-out nail colour style you always sport.
Awesome post once again Dusk..
Loved it! :D

Nickie Frye said...

Oh my gosh, you are gorgeous! Then AND now.

xoxo
Nickie

Tanvi said...

I should really be allow to edit my comments. The grammatical mistakes I make every-single-time is so embarrassing!

Vix said...

Even at 13 you had the most amazing poise and spirit and you've just got even better with age, you fabulous and inspirational woman. xxx

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I love the pic in the third row - u have such a carefree smile on ur face and there us such openness and acceptance in that picture..u are truly beautiful!!

age is nothing but a state of mind...

wow, look at u when u are 13..what attitude!! I LOVE IT!!