My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Blue Heat

...you know... it's a bit funny that blue is associated with cold and cooling, etc... considering the blue part of the flame is the hottest... this is where combustion occurs, where the energy is actually being released...

It was blazing hot in Sydney today! 31ºC (87.8ºF).  I love heat.  LOVE. I feel my best in hot weather.  I feel healthy.  I feel alive.  I thrum with excitement and possibilities!!  I don't wear blue in hot weather to 'cool down'.  I wear blue to SHAZAM sugah!



This dress is so cool!  So comfortable and easy to wear! 
...and this cat was so cool! I'm not a cat person per se. I like the idea of cats. You know? Catwoman, catsuits, Jaguars (the car and animal), catamarans, catnaps, catwalks... you cat-ch my drift right?  Anyywayyy.  Not a cat person but this cat... was cool.  A very cheeky intelligence, very playful and he loved me!  I was like.... catnip!

More pics after the jump!
********************************************
...I've actually got friends on the other side of the camera watching me in action!  Had a fabulous day!  Caught up with my some of my closest friends in the daytime, attended an 'industry' cocktail party then went to Late Night Lounge with my 2 soul brothers and another of our 'eclectic creatives'* group  friend!

[* writers, authors, journalists, directors, producers, astrologers, cabaret artists, actors, dancers....and that's just describing 4 of us!!]





Didn't have time to take blog pics of my night outfit so these will have to do... apologies for this dreadful OTT "let's be sexy" pose!!! (2nd pic)  I don't normally 'do sexy' for photos.  I'm more... hmmm... dramatic. 

I'm flanked by my 2 soul brothers in the first pic...we had a great time, as we always do!  No, that champagne bottle wasn't a reason why...but it did add its purpose!  I very rarely drink (although I did last night and will do so now and then because I do enjoy the taste of champagnes & sparkling wines.  And the occasional tequila. ), I don't need artifical high/s. ...SHAZAM sugah!!

Hope you're all having a fabulous weekend!!


*****************************
wearing DAY:
blue poncho dress * gold sequin trim raffia wedges * gold chrome aviators * gold/silver bands * blue jewelled necklace & bejewelled bangles * gold/silver hoops * purple watch * the following are my pieces, as in jewellery I have made - gold bead chain link 'scarf' necklace ; rainbow silk threaded copper cuff ; silver chain-link duo-ring... 'Duallery'...[ps. not sure if I am happy with this name... tell me your thoughts]

wearing NIGHT:
black chiffon t-back 'mullet'(!) dress * gold/silver studded leather cuff * gold/silver chain leather neckpiece *
******************************

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow..wonderful blue dress and I must say you have really good toned arms...

Meg.Meh.P. said...

Great blog!

I am a fan already... I am following it on facebook and bloglovin'
however, is there anyway I can get it on google reader? I cannot find it on your page!

XX

capturingfashionindia.blogspot.com

Meg.Meh.P. said...

haha! so I reopened your page... and voila! saw the google friend connect panel..

Will be staying in touch :)

Bhushavali said...

That must be comfy and breezy!!!


Pls wish my Angel a Happy Married Life
Diwali Outfit

Vix said...

My favourite colour (and bizarely I'm wearing the same colour on my blog, today!). I love everything about the outfit and my dear, you exude sexiness, it's never contrived, you are one hot lady. xxx
PS The nails and the eyeshadow are beautiful. xxx

jemina said...

Shazam indeed my friend :)
Stunning as always :)

XOXO
J

kiran sawhney said...

We have something in common. I too feel alive in hot weather. I despise cold weather. Like my name, I am Kiran- the ray of Sun- I need lot of sunshine.
Also I am not much of cat person either.
I like your blue dress and the accessories. But more than that, I lurvee your black dress and the sexy pose.
How is my weekend? Not so great. My dance partner is out of town. Sob sob.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

great sexy poses! :) i'm not much of a cat person either.

anyway, love all the color on this post. the blue dress is great no matter the weather. i, too, love the heat--or should i say--the sun, but a bit of cool weather feels nice too.


http://ohtobeamuse.com

Vintage Obsession said...

Thats a super interesting dress i've seen in a long time :) you should wear more blue ,makes your look really pretty :)

sandhyaa said...

ditto about the summers...im not a winter person.. !
poncho dress looks so comfy and is meant for a hot day !
i like your night look..dress is sexy and specially that chain leather necklace..even if u dont 'do sexy' u look effortlessly sexy !

Anupriya DG said...

What a pretty dress lady!! It sure LOOKS cool & breezy AND very very comfortable! Also LOVE the neckpiece you are wearing at night!!! :))

SabinePsynopsis said...

That's a very interesting observation about the blue flame, Dusk! One thing's for sure: You look HOT in your COOL blue dress. It's perfect for the summery temperatures you are having. xoxo

Tanvi said...

What a glamourous way to lounge and relax and sip Champagne. I wouldn't mind a glass right about now either! :) This is my fav. shade of blue.

L1L2 said...

haha the cat! but the blue dress is hot! was thinking how it would work in cold weather. am sure layering would help but of course, you have done it best.

bollywoodstylediaries said...

That blue is dress is just gorgeous!! It does look super comfy..love ur two toe colors and the anklet..

Silvia said...

HEY CUTE BLOG!!!! Will you check out mine? It's new and i'd love to have you as a follower!

Hope to hear from you soon:
http://meetmeinmilan.blogspot.com

Zorian said...

Love the jewelry. Love, love, love the polish!!

Nickie Frye said...

Aw! I need a kitty friend. My cat got eaten by a coyote. The whole family was devastated. It's useless to get another one. I'm not providing another dinner for the predators in our forest.

Anyway, LOVE the dress! That's a great color on you.

Veshoevius said...

I'm like you, I feel my best in very hot weather and love the heat. Love this shade of blue! And love the turquoise eyeliner too. Though you wouldn't even have to pose you'd be sexy posing in a brown paper bag!!