My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Friday, November 26, 2010

My Name is...

द्स्क्देवि... true story.  It's in the script.  The good, generous, gracious and friendly folk at My Name Necklace  sent me a gift!  

I saw their new Foreign Collection and fell over!!  I already have my name necklace in acrylic (shown below as well) and I love it!...but this, my name in Hindi script, is WOW!! 
...not just because I'm Indian but because it is absolutely delicate and beautiful and unusual!  So I was bowled over when they said they would like to send me my name in Hindi script as a gift! 
Thank you thank you thank you!


Everyone, everywhere is rocking their 'normal' name necklaces but this definitely stands out, it's unique and incites a lot of double takes!  I have been asked a gazillion times (only a slight exaggeration) where I got it from and this is where...  My Name Necklace.... their Foreign Collection... not just Hindi script...also Arabic and Russian and Chinese and Japanese and Hebrew... in silver or gold and even acrylic! 


The pendant is 0.925 Sterling Silver and the chain is a fine sterling silver box chain, there is a choice of necklace lengths and it comes so deliciously packed in a lovely box.  [incredibly fast postage too!]
What a WONDERFUL present for a loved one, friend, mother, sister...yourself! 
...AND... not only do they have fabulous discounts all the time, they've given me a special discount code to share with you!!
'DUSK'


Those of you who can read Hindi... yes, you're right... my necklace doesn't say 'DuskDevi' (द्स्क्देवि)
... I wanted my Hindi script pendant to be truly Hindi...Devi is already a Hindi name/word and is my middle name.  I just 'transliterated' the Sanskrit word for Dusk... in Sanskrit, it is a beautiful name, with a lovely velvet timbre...it was the time of day I was born... I obviously wasn't born at dawn!  And I may be Devi by name but I sure as heaven am not always Devi by nature!  J

************************************************************************

12 comments:

kiran sawhney said...

It is, the way you say it- Be You Tee Full- Necklace. Suits you so well. Now I understand. Your actual name must be Sandhya.

Tanvi said...

Oh! this is lovely. I love everything written in Hindi! This looks quite nice.

sandhyaa said...

ohh nicee....
well you must have already noticed that my name is Sandhyaa :) same to same :)
like you i love my name and i love Devanagari scripts..they are different unusual and attractive and com'on its Hindi !
i also have my official signature in Hindi only...and whenever someone sees my signature i am asked about it..and complimented.

Anupriya DG said...

Wow!! Sandhyadevi has such a feel of retro & old world romanticism to it!! The necklaces are super-cool!! :)

jemina said...

Oh darling, how special!!! that necklace is exquisite. Will def check the shop out :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Leia said...

Oh I thought I had gone crazy! I was reading the necklace and I thought 'hey, that doesn't say Dusk, or have I forgotten how to read?!' Glad I'm not crazy. It's a gorgeous necklace! I want one! Although Leia isn't a Hindi name but maybe I can get one that says ... okay, I can't figure out how to type in Hindi! I've got 'devanagari' on my computer but have no idea how to use it. Anyway, bottom line: love it, want it! :P

L1L2 said...

how nice/ how generous... seriously! and those earrings also look like a duskdevi replica:)

Vix said...

I love both of them, totally fabulous, just like you. xxxx

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous necklaces. I love all your photos, you are such a beautiful woman....

Anonymous said...

such gorgeous necklaces. I love all your photos, you are such a beautiful woman....

My Style Advice said...

beautiful color combo in the top photo! Looks great against your skin!

Ron Askotzky said...

Nice necklace! Actually, www.wow-imports.com has been selling Hindi (and 5-6 other Indian languages) name necklaces for a number of years.