My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Rain. Rain.

Go away...go away.... Rain, *Rain... come back again another day.......'Cause in twenty-three verses now
A storm is a-comin'...and you'll be too surprised to wonder why....and it will Rain, Rain...
And did it ever.  The state of Queensland (and now the state of Victoria) is being washed away and I/we/the nation... we are devastated. 
...I haven't been posting for a while.  Although I do not view personal style as frivolity (it is after all self expression and how we let the world know how we wish to be perceived), I have not been in the mood to blog about it.  I took photos though. Because moods change, like the weather.


wearing:
Coco Liberace 'rich bitch' necklace in gunmetal, signature Coco ring in orange, vintage skirt, vintage-y blouse (that's such a vintage-y word), other stuff.

*the artist formerly known as Terence Trent D'Arby and now known as Sananda Maitreya (TAFKATTD'A&NKASM?) was an absolute genius.

10 comments:

Beautifully Invisible said...

Sending good thoughts your way! I can't believe how devastating the rains have been - we have family in Melbourne (who are obviously fine) but also some friends in the Gold Coast so we have been following the news about the flooding.

You look beautiful, though!

Vinda Sonata said...

great vintage-inspired look !
i love your attitude as always, dusk. you rock !!

Elle said...

Understandable- glad to see you're ok and coming back. I'll pray and send well wishes to Australia.

Ninjagaiden78 said...

I like the sunglasses and the umbrella.

windowshopz.com

Tanvi said...

Loving the dots and the color of that skirt! You look Glam Glam Glam!

Sorry about the floods and the unreasonable actions of mother nature. I hope the rain stops. Its really about time!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I have been reading the news and saw some truly heart-breaking pictures:( All my prayers go out people affected by the floods. I hope the government is responding fast to the situation.

Veshoevius said...

Been following the news about the floods - its pretty unbelievable. I know what you mean - it seems trite and insensitive somehow to be blogging about style when so many people are having their lives turned upside down or taken. That said doing what you love will always bring some joy to the world in some way. Great photo and outfit.

jemina said...

I'm at the same page with you, style is a self expression... but I do hope the rain would hold for NSW, sending LOVE and warmest wishes for you my dear, I've missed you bad...

Kisses
Jemina
xoxo

Anonymous said...

How do you manage to always look so glam and beautiful? xxx

L1L2 said...

man! good to see you undrenched despite the umbrella and the rain in the country...