My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Give Good Face...



MORE PICS AND POST AFTER JUMP!


Egads.  I am the World's Worst Blogger.  Not only do I update sporadically, never return comments, never reply to comments, never update on the actual day...I also don't have anything to say.  But hey... I'm a poet...

I have been thinking about the previous post...the photography tips... even though I do know my way around camera settings and capabilities and think 'Auto' only belongs with 'mobile'...I'm not really in a position to provide tips on photography.  I am however reasonably 'qualified' to share tips on posing.  Because 'Vogue' is my theme song.

No. Not really.  Well, not always. 

My dilemma however, is that... sharing my tips on how to pose may draw attention to the bits I like to, hmmm, draw attention away from... and although I'm not really one to carry on about how I think my [blank] is [blank] or that I wish I had a [blank] [blank], I am still human (no really!) and well, I do sometimes have days that I believe Yasmeen Ghauri stole my body...

Anyway... if I don't focus on my *aherm* faults...then neither should you. Right?
...but unfortunately if I tell you that I [blank blank blank] to [blank] my [blank]...then that's all you're going to look at.  It's human nature. 

I don't say all this out of vanity.  I couldn't care less if you think my [blank] is [blank].   I say this because I feel we all dwell far too much on negative aspects.  And women... physical aspects.  
So I need to be 'clever' about this.  Share tips without making you focus on what you may perceive as a 'fault' and I see as part of me...

First tip:
When looking straight down the barrel of the camera, front on, pull your shoulders down to elongate your neck... because shadows on the neck tend to 'stunt' visual perspective. 
Also...when sharing a tip about looking at the camera...it's best to look at the camera....



[DISCLAIMER: this post was written at 3:30am.  I take no responsibility for not making sense]

12 comments:

Unknown said...

lol..it didnt look like you wrote at 3.30am :)...By the way, who click your photographs..the pictures are always so awesome..

Vix said...

You look absolutely gorgeous! I'm in awe of your beauty.
You're so right about the sharing faults thing not that you have any! xxxxxxxxx

kiran sawhney said...

Ah!!! I am Blank...

Leia said...

You are an ethereal beauty.

I understand your not wanting to draw attention to your 'faults' - although from where your readers are sitting, you have a tiny waist, long legs, toned arms... the perfect figure, really!

Leia

bollywoodstylediaries said...

you are flawless. I refuse to believe when you say you pose a certain way to draw attention from [blank][blank]

:-)

Nickie Frye said...

Holy smokes! You are gorgeous!!!!! Knock me down with a feather.

Tanvi said...

Faults? What faults? Also, you are not a bad blogger. You are a blogger and you do what you like. Best thing about blogging right? :) I am back in the States and a little jet lagged right now. So excuse me too if I make no sense.

Anonymous said...

shadows on the neck...check.

Dusk said...

Aaaaahhh lovelies! Thank you! BUT... I should have written another disclaimer! That this post wasn't a 'fishing for compliments' post!! So now, without meaning to... I have actually drawn attention to myself (rather than the focus being overall)... eek!
...but thank you so much for the lovely compliments... flawless?? Hardly but I'm happy about that. Flawless would be so high maintenance no?

@ Vivek - these pics were taken by my husband but 97% :) of my pics are taken by me as a self-portrait with either a remote and SLR or timer and my point and shoot. Both mounted on a tripod.

Unknown said...

No fishing required with me - I will happily tell you and anyone who will listen how exquisitely beautiful I think you are, any time of day, with no prompting at all.

Did I mention how completely beautiful you are?

Sarah xxx

Anonymous said...

The last picture of you is stunning!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know you are busy and I know you may never get to my blog, but it does not matter. Because when I end up on yours it's this kind of pure visual treat that greets my eyes. Why wouldn't I come back, again and again???

Love

Tashrin