My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Who Run The World?

GIRLS!!
... so no way in hell it's ending today...we've got too much to do!  We can't leave things up in the air...

Besides, I'm Hindu (albeit a non-practising one.  My beliefs are based on spiritual humanity rather than religion and hypocrisy.  Please note those are 2 separate issues.) so apparently this Day of Judgement will find me wanting regardless of how pious a person I am.  Only Christians need apply (I think).  Oh well.  The only Rapture that interests me is a Blondie song. 
...And I'm looking forward to seeing all these people floating in the air on their way to heaven.






So what do you think?  Is this the end of the world?  If you're a Christian, I'm interested to hear what you believe and what you feel will happen.

...and what happened to 2012 being the end??  My belief  re the 2012 is that it's a spiritual beginning.  And that the Mayans ran out of paper.
As for today... dammit, I'm working all day.  And I have a date with my darling husband tonight and it's my soulsister's birthday so if the world ends I will be pissed. Off.

I have always tried to live my life as if the world was ending any day now.  I never want to go out saying "Damn, I wish I did..." .  I can live with the "I wish I didn'ts"!!  Life is too unpredictable to waste not being the best version of you.  Go run that world. Go! (sing it!)

**************************

About these images.  In no way are they meant to be irreverent.  I took these very early this morning with no idea what I was going to post about... this was more about the fact that i have Beyonce's new song in my head!  I was jumping, doing my usual 'frozen motion' thing...it was only when I sat down to form a post... it all came together.
...the thing is... I'm not a sceptic... I do believe in miracles and faith based phenomena.  I also respect and appreciate religions in their pure form, before mankind twisted the teachings.  But... the idea that all these people will start floating in the air up to heaven... well... they better be laughing...

17 comments:

Jason Laucht said...

yeah who runs the world MUCH haha loving the colours! great combination.

ps i love beyonce ^^

cheers
jasonitos.com

Elle said...

You look lovely. And as a Christian I have some serious issues with the prediction of tomorrow haha. We can;t predict when... not am I going to claim to have the power other humans don't I'm no better than any one else, and will not play God trying to predict the future. I don't know what will happen. or when. So no end of the world to me either... I'd hate to see people kill themselves thinking they just didn't make it though. And this guy collected 87 MILLION. well if he's leaving earth what was the point in that? :P hehehe.

Kent Johnson said...

Auto American by Blondie, BEST ALBUM EVER!

Tanvi said...

I think YOU run the world! :) Or at least you should. It would be super soon. I do not really care for the end of the world at least as of now ... It shall end when it is time and I shall be smiling regardless! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Dusk said...

whoops. i mean "...waste *IT* not being the best version...." . My mobile won't let me edit the post!
Hope you all are enjoying the day...

Jyoti Mishra said...

who cares abt end of the world..
wat I believe even dying is the day worth living.

Nice snaps !!

Helga said...

I love that song,and that's the only rapture I need! Bizarre stuff,"belief" can be so poisonous.
What are they gonna do when the clock ticks over into Sunday?? Say they got it wrong again and better luck next time?!
XXX

Anupriya DG said...

Huh!! Let the world end when it wants to...........till then, we'll rock & roll!!! And Tanvi's right.....YOU should be the one ruling it.......you're pretty well made out for it! :))

And the color blocked outfit - shows what a FUN queen you'd make! ;)

Leia said...

My lovely, as usual I agree with you 100%. May 21 2011? It just sounds like a random date to me. As for 2012, it's the end of the age of Pisces, and the start of the age of Aquarius... it is the end of an era, as Jesus Christ dropped by to say hello in the start of Pisces. There are definitely going to be shifts and changes and we're already experiencing that, but the end of the world? I don't think so. Unless it's come to a point where humans have been so harmful to mother nature that she feels the need to get rid of us and start a new cycle...

Leia

mispapelicos said...

I am with you all the way 2012 a new beginning. Although, everyday is a new beginning to me.
Besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Unknown said...

Who runs the world...it's YOU!!
I love your attitude and your style...what colors, coool!!

Veshoevius said...

I was just reading about the Rapture on the news - hah! I'm happy to stay on Earth with you thanks, the temperature could do with being turned up a notch as far as I'm concerned. Hell raising sexy boots there!

Laura Tenshi said...

Every year someone claims that the Apocalypse is coming and it never happens. I am tired of these foolish " prophecies ".
I love the color blocking here, great skirt.

Vix said...

We're still all here then? Phew! Not that I buy into any of that pessimistic nonsense, an atheist and proud.
You should definitely rule the word, Blondie's Rapture could be our new anthem and you should decree that all your subjects wear colour as beautifully as you do. xxx
PS One my my favourite Rabindranath Tagore quotes is "Do not say, 'It is morning,' and dismiss it with a name of yesterday. See it for the first time as a newborn child that has no name." Words to embrace.

Anonymous said...

You are the queen of color! And I want your belt.

And I did read everything you posted. I feel I have no opinion on the matter. lol Otherwise I would comment and tell you what I think. :)

Anonymous said...

Although I do love Tanvi's comment, of how you should run the world! lol I totally agree with that.

Oh to Be a Muse said...

by the way, thanks so much for the lovely words you left on my blog. i <3 you so much! :)