My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Tempus Fugitive

August??   When did that happen?? 
...are you feeling it too?  This speeding up of time? Because it's a fact you know...  Time is not a man made concept but the measuring of it is and our clocks are not keeping up.

"Time is actually speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second, The military have used this as a very reliable reference.
However, since 1980 this resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This mean there is the equalivant of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours."

Read more here... what do you think?  Believe it or not?  Time flies.  And we're on the run. 


wearing:
clothes I've had for yonkess (official term) * zebra print boots * not quite a tam o'shanter * COCO LIBERACE jewelry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey beautiful,

time sure does fly. Can't believe the summer is almost over. But it's been a good one and I especially love the fall. Don't you? the amazing leaves turning yellow and orange, long walks in the park and the change to dress in beautiful autumn clothes.

Hope you're well and smiling.

Dena x

Tanvi said...

I think I believe it ... and I am happy time is flying ... This has not been the best of years. I am glad to roll over to the next one ... and hope for better things! :)

Love the Coco Liberace necklace. Looks great on you!!! :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Shruti said...

Though I wish time didn't fly this fast, I do believe that it is... I mean I didn't know when I finished college and started working and now! People ask me when are you getting married!!? n I say I get what?! anyway, are we missing some gorgeous face here?

Anonymous said...

I am trying to imagine time flying...and going to read more.

Leia said...

Ohh, I'm not too sure I'm happy about this time flying thing! I'll definitely read that article, it sounds so interesting. I always thought that time was slower as a child (don't you remember how days used to seem absolutely endless and you could pack so much into just a few hours) and now it seems like the days and weeks just ZOOM by...

Anyway, your necklace is STUNNING! I think I need to make a trip to Sydney to raid the Coco Liberace store!

Leia