My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Oman: It Dawned On Me...

This is what I waited for... spectacular yes?



If you read the previous post you know that we had checked in quite late and I was intoxicated by the aroma of Oman. A heady combination of frankincense, Omani coffee and ... adventure.

We checked in to the Shangri-La Barr Al-Jissah Resort & Spa around 2am.  For the first part of our famil*, we were accommodated at the luxurious Al Husn.
Just in case you didn't know, Shangri-la means a place of bliss... and Shangri-La Al Husn most certainly is this!  But more on Shangri-La later...

MORE AFTER THE JUMP!




(Just quickly, I HIGHLY recommend the Shangri-La.  This may seem like bias but I assure you, it is an objective point of view.  Decades ago I lived a luxury hotel hotelier life and I lived in hotels all around the world. So I am not easily swayed by a 5 star stamp. I am most certainly not demanding but I have expectations and in this case they were not just met but exceeded.)

When I settled in to my very luxurious room, the first thing I did (okay, the second... a hot shower was the first order of the 3am day!) ...was test the bed.
Hotel beds and pillows, ohhhhhhhh pillows, I sank and floated and almost drifted off... but then I walked out on to the balcony and heard that gentle velvet whoosh of sea meeting beach...

No WAY was I sleeping!  I had to sea (ha!) the view!  And that sunrise above is what I stayed awake for...

Yes I, Dusk, gave up sleeping in that bed to see dawn...

If you follow me on Instagram and insta-traveled with me during this time, you know that Oman had a profound effect on me.  This was a personal journey and it has taken me such a long time to put my thoughts down... because this was work and we were there for a reason, to help promote Oman to Australians.

It was a stroke of genius to send social media commentators to Oman.  Allowing the right to express emotions conveys the flavour of what we are doing.

Speaking of flavours... after my sunrise salutation I had to satisfy other senses. Breakfast!  And Muscat!  We were going to see the sights of Muscat!

My view...

Me looking at my view... just all nonchalant... like I don't have a remote in my hand and I'm not photographing myself...
How to wake up your palate... you cannot go past a lime and mint juice to ZING your taste buds in to life!
Naturally the breakfast at Al Husn is beyond excellent.  Not just because they served oat milk and this is the only milk I can drink!!  Also possibly because there is a date jam that is well... oh dear god... just the memory of it makes me swoon!

Breakfast done... it was time to start our adventure...

Coming up.... a Grand Mosque... the world's most luxurious perfume... the world's most intoxicating fragrance at the Souq...

2 comments:

Anupriya DG said...

Oh. My. God. You want me to run to OM\man RIGHT NOW!! Looking forward to everything else you have to share about this picturesque place!

And woman, you look as GORGEOUS as ever!! <3

BriGt said...

Gorgeous shot !