My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Decaf With Dusk. the Mai Life STYLE editorial

In case you were interested... here is the October 2014 editorial in Mai Life STYLE.
Also, "mai" is the Fijian word for "come"... so 'Mai Life' is not only a play on words... it's basically... "bring it!"

Dusk Devi, Mai Life STYLE editorial, Robert Kennedy Fiji



Well... not quite supermodel... but 20 years ago I was a popular model in the Pacific and in Asia.  Now I'm just a poser :) ... and on the other side of the lens.

Dusk Devi, wearing Zilda Fiji and Jeremy Scott for Adidas, editorial for Mai Life STYLE, Fiji and the Pacific's first dedicated fashion and lifestyle magazine

I'm wearing top Fijian designers.  well, their clothes!
Main photo I am wearing Robert Kennedy Fiji.  Above photo I am wearing 'Zilda Fiji'.

Shown below 'Karolina'.

Dusk Devi, wearing Fijian designer Karalina by Carolyn Ah Koy, editorial for Mai Life STYLE, Fiji and the Pacific's first dedicated fashion and lifestyle magazine


Shown here; 'Zilda Fiji' and on the right, her diffusion line 'Exotica'.
View the cover of the self-clicked catalog I photographed for 'Zilda Fiji' here

Dusk Devi editorial for Mai Life STYLE, Fiji and the Pacific's first dedicated fashion and lifestyle magazine

Show here: 'Aza' by Zulfikar Ali

Dusk Devi, wearing Fijian designer 'Aza' by Zulfikar Ali, editorial for Mai Life STYLE, Fiji and the Pacific's first dedicated fashion and lifestyle magazine



The photos on the left page are of me at 13... my first modelling shot! (for a hair salon).  My father hit the roof when he found out! haha!  My next professional modelling shoot wasn't 'til I was 18.
The other one is a screenshot of me when I was the face of The Hallmark Channel.

Dusk Devi editorial for Mai Life STYLE, Fiji and the Pacific's first dedicated fashion and lifestyle magazine

Styled by the Editor of Mai Life STYLE Faraz Ali
Photographed by Ilai Jikoiono
Assisted by Atong Atem

...and some unedited and behind the scenes action...







... alleyways and rubbish bins and $1,000 skirts... glamourous life...

Dusk Devi, wearing Fijian designer 'Aza' by Zulfikar Ali, editorial for Mai Life STYLE, Fiji and the Pacific's first dedicated fashion and lifestyle magazine. styled and photographed by Fuzz and Ilai

Now, although I would never ordinarily wear the exact ensemble that has featured in a fashion editorial, it's different when that editorial was styled around your style! Styled exactly how you would wear the pieces... and when you now own the ensemble*. 

I've had this for months but have had to keep it under wraps and I'm not a "special occasion" dresser. 

Special things need to be worn now! everyday! why wait? what are you waiting for? 



1 comment:

Anupriya DG said...

You were. are and always will be no less than a super-model, you hottie! <3