My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Bewitching

Went to see Body Torque a la Mode (presented by The Australian Ballet. click link for facebook album).  A spectacular contemporary production and collaboration with upcoming Australian designers.

The same night our famous sails were lit up for the opening of Vivid Live at The Sydney Opera House * (NB. this is a video and will open in a different window). 

...the night of dance and light was bewitching... twas magic... I felt very Morgan le Fay wearing what I wore.  Pity the only magical ability I have is making chocolate disappear faster than the speed of light...



*************************
*Vivid Sydney is a month long festival of light and music.  I will be adding more Opera House pics later, so please check back.
I will also be adding more outfit pics... I took these pics very late that night, way past midnight and it was cold and raining and I was tired plus I haven't been in the mood to take pics and no, you're not dreaming, yes this is backdated.
*************************************
wearing:
vintage tweed coat-dress, which got many compliments and oh but of course I wafted around and descended stairs with much theatrical flair * chocolate & gold lurex leggings * OTK brown leather boots * bronze 'obi' wrap belt
*******************************************************

19 comments:

Leia said...

I am not at all surprised that you inspire women to dress up more formally when they go to the ballet/opera/concerts etc! You look fabulous dear Dusk. I really love that dress, I feel as though it comes with magical powers! You just have to tap into them ;)

Sher said...

Wow, this outfit is so magical, hun! I love the thigh high booties peeking through the cape-dress:)

xx

Killer Drama said...

three words :

Oh. My. God.

:)

Vix said...

Oh Dusk! You look simply magical, perfect for such a fabulous evening. No wonder you received compliments, ou stole the show.
Vix
xxx

Oh to Be a Muse said...

love the photo! i can't wait to go to australia.

and i want to see your hair straight. excited for that!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

T said...

ooooooooooooooooh that coat dress is AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING

garakami said...

I've just started blogging, and I have a crap load of pics and I just saved some of them on blogger to be published. I wonder if the day you save them is the day when it'll come up published and how the whole "backdated" thing works? *sigh*

On another note, you looked great! Correct on the Morgan le Fay front! Very witchy with the big arm hole sleeves- all you're missing is a big hood & a wand, but you've already got the sparkles. I love the picture you took of the opera house. I wanna go..

Fé... said...

What a fun animation you're doing with those pictures. I wonder how you did it. Fabulous.

Leah said...

WOW... I LOVE this. You look so magical... yes, bewitching is the right word. Happy Sunday my friend! xoxo

Emilie Delance said...

wow cool and magical :D

Fourth Daughter said...

Magical stuff... I wish I knew how to do that sort of technical computer biz... meanwhile, I know you like accessories, take a look at what I just made! ... oh!! as I wrote this, I realised you'd already commented!! One step ahead of me!! Actually I do have one of these bracelets in an Indian style but it's very fine and not so chunky-chain-like. I'm going to try to find metallic thread soon so stay tuned!

Tanvi said...

You do look magical in this outfit! Fab idea to pair it with those fabulous boots! Love it! ... über-cool!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous outfit!

Dusk said...

Thank you darlings! I will put up more pics soon.

Vinda Sonata said...

you look faaaantastic!!! i love your outfit. very dramatic. lookin hot as always!

Chicago Chic said...

WOW!!! How do you have the most unique, amazing, and gorgeous style ever?? I love how this outfit shows off your beautiful shoulders and neck....and sounds like a magical night! :)

xoxo
Rachel

bollywoodstylediaries said...

the dress is super sexy with the off shoulder and the front slit;-)more pics please!!

The Sydney Girl said...

you look amaaaazing!!!

Shruti said...

I wouldn't be surprised if you said you lightened up the Opera house.
Show us more pics of that outfit. I love what I see so far