My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Mother of a Day...

"There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one." Jill Churchill

I'm not entirely sure what that means seeing as I don't have a million children... (but it certainly feels like that sometimes!) Yes. You read right. I believe, essentially, that it is my children that make me a good mother. I learn with them.

I'm not one of those that believes every woman is born to be a mother. But I do believe that motherhood gave birth to me.   No matter how philanthropic, giving and unselfish you are... parenthood is when you learn the meaning of selfless.   

I hope you all had a day of appreciation and love.  I did!  Then again I'm pretty pushy about showing and being shown love and appreciation every day!!  Why only one day?  I'm a Mother everyday!!* 

Happy Mother's Day to you all lovely women!  You may not be a Mother but you have one. 
....I'm no expert but...if I have any 'advice' about motherhood, it is this... your children are a part of you.  They are not you.  Don't forget to follow your path and let them follow theirs, parents are merely guides and the true source of unconditional love. I mean come on.  We love teenagers.  J

© theDUSKzone 2010
© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010

wearing:
light orange 70s vibe top * burgundy mega twirly-flounce skirt * faux fur lined and trimmed heels * and all this...
© theDUSKzone 2010

* I do practise what I preach. My wonderful mother is a part of my mad household and my mother-in-law is probably going to move in soon. I hope I am a fab a mother-in-law as mine is to me.

22 comments:

Leia said...

Happy mother's day! You sound like you are an absolutely wonderful mother. I'm blessed in that I have a fantastic mother, too - she is more Best Friend than mother now that I am more grown up! She has let me follow my own path, divulge in my own interests even if they are completely different to hers, and even dealt with me when I was a terrible teen! The only thing she doesn't approve of is The Boy, but I can't really blame her... no one can be perfect, as you said! :P

Vintage Obsession said...

happy mothers day :) loving the pink , go diva go :) If i lived in Australia i would stalk you day in and day out, the creepy stalker types :)

Leah said...

Happy mother's day my dearest friend. That would be a great big household... all the moms will be in your home soon.

PS... I don't think I'd be a fab mother-in-law though. Hahaha!

Tanvi said...

Love Love Love your burgandy skirt! And pairing it with Yellow needs some serious guts! ;)

Happy Mother's Day to you and to all the Mothers in the world :o)

SabinePsynopsis said...

Happy Mother's Day, Dusk!

Teresa said...

The magenta looks amazing on you! What a beautiful color for the summer!

invasionista

POLISHFEMME said...

very colorful outfit ! I love it ! very nice !
mademoisellepaulina.blogspot.com

Cinderella said...

Have been reading you since quite a while, bu this gorgeous pic and your gorgeous gorgeous skirt...is simply irresistible to not comment on!!!

Love your space~

The Sydney Girl said...

happy happy mothers dayyyy!!!! <3

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! Beautiful colors as always.

Bhushavali said...

Heya, am new here to your blog.. Loving it so much... That's a good combo and a good outfit... I esp. love your cuffs... :)

The White Dress to Work

Killer Drama said...

hey! hope you had a great mom's day

you look lovely, i love the skirt.. makes me want to salsssaaaaa!

FFR said...

perfect style!!!!!!

www.fashionfirstrow.com

SabinePsynopsis said...

P.S. Sorry, I forgot to mention this yesterday... Chuck and Nate are characters from the TV series Gossip girl. Happy Monday!

Dusk said...

Thank you lovelies! Hope you are all well, will respond in depth and come over your way soon!

Hippie Holly said...

Hope you had a lovely mum's day :)) LOVE the gorgeous pink skirt and all your jewelry is fabulous :)

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

Amanda said...

Hope you had an awesome Mother's Day!

You look very pretty! Your skirt is so nice as swishy. I love it!

xx, Amanda (Not So Naked)

Sara Bow said...

Great Outfit!!




X

Ievu said...

This lipstick fits to u perfect!

Have a nice day! :)


http://ievu-stuffilike.blogspot.com/

Dusk said...

Thank you lovelies!

Burcin said...

I don't like he clothes taken singularly but you surely can make the difference wearing them! : DDD
and colors like cyclamen fits you very well!