My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

RejuVIEWnating...

I run my business from home and my husband works from home half the week, which isn't as cushy as it sounds!   Do you know how hard it is to get up to 'go' to work on a 4°C morning????  When work is just a few steps away???  I know.  Hard life.  Feel free to mentally shoot me.

We have separate offices so we're not in each others space... but when he works from home and if I'm free, we will have lunch together. And occasionally, away from 'work'.  Today we had a mini soup date [refer: previous post] at a wharf we usually launch our boat at, which is only 15mins away. 
It was colder than a naked polar bear today but twas a glorious day nevertheless.  I wore a sequinned hoodie hoping it would act like some sort of heat capturing satellite! 

Water, a view, any view of water rejuvenates me, us.   

What view rejuvenates you? 

© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010
© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010

By the way... going by my carry on, international readers would think I'm living in Antarctica!!   And sure, even though our winters are nothing like what some of you have to live with, Sydney, Australia is experiencing a very cold spell, it hasn't been this cold here for 61 years apparently. 
Even though I am a mad, keen snowskiier, I hate the cold! The only point of cold is the snow!  It's my genetic heritage to thrive in heat.
...which...um...sounds all kinds of wrong but I hope you know what I mean!!!!!!  J
*******************************************************
wearing:
vintage skirt that I am about to recycle * argyle sweater, also about to be recycled * sequinned hoodie, which isn't going anywhere just yet

********************************************************

10 comments:

Vix said...

A boat, living in Sydney, working from home with the man you love, being so beautiful with an astounding wardrobe? I really shouldn't adore you as much as I do!
Liking the sound of using the sequinned hoodie as a heat capturing device. I've got a pair of blinging harem pants gathering dust perhaps I'll dig them out as essential British winter wear.
Vix
xxx

Vintage Obsession said...

I love the riot of colors in your clothes , not just this particular post .
Your so lucky thats its cold , well the weather here has been behaving really well, but i love the cold days , i never get to wear any of my trench coats which i don't know why i buy.
P.S What a lovely place to be *envy* :-)

Leia said...

Dearest Dusk, I think a view that rejuvenates me is the skyline of my hometown, Dhaka. While we have our fair share of mist and fog and hazy skies, our nights are absolutely PEPPERED with stars. I've grown up loving that view, and it was something I really missed in London... the skies there are always purple, not black (light pollution I think) and you never ever see stars. Tonight I went to my roof and watched the breathtaking sunset ... it was also a windy night which hopefully means it's going to rain... anyway, I am totally feeling rejuvenated after that!

I love that sequinned hoodie. And that argyle sweater... I was just thinking of diamond patterns today, which is why I named my latest post Harlequin.

I can't stand the cold either. That's one of the main reasons I don't want to live in Europe. I grew up in a hot country, and while heat can be unbearable sometimes, in a hot country is where I will spend the rest of my life!!

Oh. And it's SO my dream to work from home. Hopefully I can find a job that enables me to do so :)

Tanvi said...

A view of the ocean rejuvenates me :) ... and i love dressing for winders more than summer but I do hate the freezing cold where you can't even move a finger.

Lovely skirt. The colors are wonderful!!!

Leah said...

I do work from home too... and it is the best set-up I can think of. Imagine, you can report for work still wearing your pajamas. Hahaha! What view rejuvenates me? The view of the mall. It makes my heart pump so wildly.

Have a great day Dusk! xoxo

bollywoodstylediaries said...

love ur sequins top!! I love working from home since i can make hot indian tea as many times as i want:-)

Ocean and green mountains rejuvenate me..

Suruchi said...

Hi Dusk...
I absolutely loooooooooouve your skirts...
And the way you make them dance and captured so perfectly in a shot that it seems to be in motion still...as though you’d come out of the screen and whirl before me anytime:-)

However the skirt here is so effortlessly and elegantly falling over you...and that sequinned hoodie looks super sexy...
If you go to work like that...does anybody work there at all?:-)
And we’ll not shoot you mentally, till you agree to be shot like this by a camera;-)

Hippie Holly said...

That skirt oh god that skirt!!!!! I love it!!! I am gonna go back and stare at your super happy sweater and skirt some more now!

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

haha yeah initially when I was going through your blog (taking for granted you wer efrom America), I went like "How can this woman wear such heavy stuff in such heat??!!" Lol and then I checked your profile out and there! :) I love winters anyway! Like winter clothes more! :) Gosh, how come evn your black is colourful?! :)

jemina said...

Oh WOW, I just everything you are wearing here, FABULOUS, LOVE LOVE LOVE, XOXO