My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Friday, July 2, 2010

Sci-Fiery

What I wore to a sci-fi themed evening... the fiery colour of my Jedi-esque chiffon robe battled the cruel force of nature that is Darth Winter... twas a mind trick of course.  Since when has chiffon kept anyone warm?

I am a sci-fi freak.  Some would say freak full stop.  Forget the moonwalk though.  I wallwalk. 

© theDUSKzone 2010

If we're on the topic of interplanetary, space cadet stuff... I'm curious... what's your Sun Sign? 
I say say 'sun sign' because Indian astrology divines via moon signs.  Even if you don't believe in that "mumbo jumbo", go on, just play.  Sun sign, star sign, zodiac...

So...What's your Sun Sign?  And...are you what your sign says you are or should be??

Me first.  I'm an Aquarian. 
And... yes.  Oh yes I am. 
I'll go a bit further and share that I'm Aquarius [air] with Leo [fire] rising, which makes me an eclectic, reserved extrovert.  Occasionally full of know-it-all hot air but otherwise burning with life and always 'up'.  I am very warm but am perceived to be distant or aloof.  I am a humanitarian but people confuse me.  I believe that peace cannot be won without a fight.  The pursuit of knowledge is my life's search.  That and an opera-length black velvet, cream satin lined hooded cape.
....and this makes me swoon a little...

Your turn.

© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010

Happy 4th of July to American readers... may the 4th be with you...!!!!!!!  hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!  yes I'm an idiot.
wearing:
vintage fishnet bodysuit/leotard * vintage gold glittery lurex-y pants & vintage blood orange chiffon 'coat' [the pants and the coat belonged to my mum-in-law] * black & gold bandage belt * lace & sequin fingerless mittens * black & gold stockings * black suede wedge shooties * gold 'pearls', gold wrist orbs of truth...

By the way... I share a lot of interesting things on facebook that I forget to share here or just don't on theSTREETzone's facebook page. 
Please understand that I have a rule that I have to have known you for a while and in 'real life' to accept friend requests on my personal fb account.  There has been a few exceptions but these have been exceptional.  However... please feel free to 'Like' theSTREETzone... it is also this blog's fb page. 

28 comments:

Leia said...

An Aquarius... no wonder looking at the water rejuvenates you!

I'm a Leo :) http://mysticmedusa.com/category/sun-signs/leo-sun-signs/ This is quite true (embarrassingly!)

P.S. you make a great Jedi ;)

Tanvi said...

Oh! The Diva is back! Love the first two poses... I am a cusp of Aquarius and Pisces ... and I feel I have the characteristics of both ... But I am more inclined towards Pisces.

Spardha Malik said...

Love. LOVE love this outfit... those gloves, those pants and the shoes are my Fave bit.... you make me wanna dress up SO bad!!!!

i'm libra/scorpio cusp... couldn't be worse its called the cusp of drama and criticism! :)

Vintage Mavens said...

Hi there! I just stumbled upon your blog - you are so pretty!!! I'm a HUGE sci-fi lover, and am always doing weird futuristic photo shoots. I'm excited to say I'm your newest follower!

Leah said...

That's cute... may the 4th be with you. I'm an Aries... and I believe that's why I'm stubborn and so hard-headed. I think my birth sign also influenced my leadership skills in a very positive way. :-)

I want your orange chiffon coat. xoxo

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I am an Aquarian too!!OMG!!!I too come across as aloof although I think I am very warm:-) but I can be bitch at times:-)

thats a very bright outfit against an equally bright wall!!

Vix said...

I don't know about chiffon keeping you warm but, Dusk, you do look damned hot in that orange number and I'm loving the twin brass bangles, too.
I'm Sagittarius, apparently full of energy, adventurousness, versatility with a love of travel. I'm also a fire horse with an inclination to live life on the edge.
Vix
xxx

SabinePsynopsis said...

Ah Dusk, you always crack me up! The red chiffon blouse looks AMAZING on you! (I'm also a sci-fi fan, my favourite being the Dune books by Frank Herbert) xoxo

michelle_ said...

LOVELY OutFIT !
the color is just stunning love :)

Fashion Bombay said...

You look ravishing and what curves you have Ms Dusk :) Love the look of course

Jesa said...

Really Pretty!!!
i love this!!
stumbled on your blog -lovely!!

Cheers, Jesa

Chicago Chic said...

My darling, you look absolutely amazing here!!! This colour compliments your gorgeous skin tone and I love love love those shoes! I am a cancer as you know, how interesting to read about your sign....you are perceived to be distant or aloof because you have a very enchanting, sensually mysterious vibe... ;)

xxxx
Rachel

Suruchi said...

Yup..moon walk is such a passé...
Wall walk is the next big thing...and so lemme try that at night...
Though would have to look for equally bewitching clothes first to evade my beloved from thinking that I have gone bonkers;-)

A “reserved extrovert” is a wonderful term...and so were all the other interpretations of you...
Well, I am the confused Libran...ever so trying to reach the balance!:-)

Tanvi said...

Read this quote and thought it was 'perfectly suited to you' Hence sharing -

"Fashion is what you adopt when you don't know who you are." - Quentin Crisp

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Duuusskk, all you're doing is making me feel old! I cannot do those posed as good as you, babeh!! Ohhhh!! I wonder if your kids get a complex or are they even more ahead of you!! :P :) Fabulous shots!

Amanda said...

that orange coat is the best! and your wedges! i'm addicted to wedges! love love love!

Fourth Daughter said...

fabulous chunky jewellery.. I love... and also love the "fourth" joke.. I suppose the "fourth" must be with me too, if by name only!!
come and see my latest accessory...
http://stylewilderness.blogspot.com/2010/07/mcmagic.html

SvetLana said...

You are very beautifull and stylish! I like that you wear so much color things!

www.lanastyle.blogspot.com

TheStreetFashion5xpro said...

Chic and fabulous! Great outfit...beautiful pictures!
Great blog...

Constance said...

Amazing photos, so creative!
x

Adele said...

Wow you look fantastic!

- Adele
MOLTOCURIOSA.COM

Silvia Couture said...

I'm an aquarious as well! we rock! You look amazing I loveee the long sheer chiffon!!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

love your reference to star wars. i absolutely love that series. and my sun sign is pisces--i'm a total pisces!

beautiful top and shoes!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Vibhuti said...

WHOA,
You are indeed a wall walker and I am floored!! That outfit looks ravishing becoz ur wearing it with panache.
I wonder what I would have done for such a theme party..gone invisible?? LOL
JOkes apart..LOOOOVed this post! :D
Jokes a

Barbara von Enger said...

AH, what a delightfully humorous person you are, my lovely. I love you in orange. Indeed, majestic colours suit you best. Hope you are well and smiling;-)

jemina said...

You wear the BEST outfits, I want to RAID your closet, and apart from being a LEO i don't know whatever rising thing HA HA HA sorry, and I wish I knew what my sun sign is, one day I'll look it up :)), keep on having fun BABE, XOXO

Stavy said...

Hi Dusk,

Also an Aquarian with Cancer rising. Horoscope Within says "You are dreamy, with a psychological nature that is oriented towards nostalgia for things past, towards your mother and your family". This is me spot on! It should also says friends/boyfriends!

I love your blog very colourful. The yellow sweater and blue print skirt are my faves! Who takes your pictures?


I found you via GFY, my absolute fave website of all time!

Ciao for now,

Stav

Rachel said...

Your jewellery !!