My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Friday, July 9, 2010

100% Guilt Free

It's been a strange week. I know everyone has felt it.   Regardless of hemisphere or belief system.  It's been a little... lacklustre, a bit 'flat', a bit blah [technical term]... it is only now, looking at the images of some of what I wore this week, that I realize I wore a lot of orange and purple... just to give me that extra kick and "go get 'em"....

Long term readers of this blog know that I am a bit strange work with colours.  New readers may find me a bit strange this weird.  It doesn't hurt though to understand all spiritual and scientific concepts and ways of being human yes?  Yes.

Our choice of colours are not arbitrary.  Our psyche chooses our colours.  To lift me this week, mine chose orange [motivates, stimulates enthusiasm, creativity, infuses joy] and purple [strength, passion, determination, magic...]... and copious amounts of chocolate.  Hey.  It's a colour... 




ps.  I eat without guilt because I believe guilt stops our bodies from metabolising what we eat.  I believe when we eat with guilt our mind sends mixed signals, our palate says "yum", the mind groans "bum" and our body goes in to panic mode, "uh-oh, she's going to punish me for that block bar row piece of chocolate... she's going to starve me... lock down lock down!!!". 
So our bodies store instead of digest and our bodies store what our bodies need to sustain us during famine times.  Fat. 
...having said all that... I also don't treat my body like it's the last warehouse left before the apocalypse...

*******************************************************

14 comments:

Vintage Obsession said...

I totally comprehend with color theory , so true :-) No body wears colors as well as you do :-) the third picture you look adorable :-)

Leia said...

Hi lovely. I always feel like my day is missing something if I don't get a daily Dusk update. BUT you've given me quite a few outfits here so I SUPPOSE I'll be okay if you disappear for a few days... :P

How interesting about colors and psyche. I wear white almost every day. I wonder what that means?

I love your philosophy about eating without guilt... I think I am far too guilty when I eat something fried/sweet/out of a packet. I need to stop that mentality! I try to eat healthily and exercise regularly but can't help myself from indulging in naughty treats sometimes - I think I just need to accept it and move on! Please body, don't store it as fat! :P

L1L2 said...

:) when we next visit, we know that new amazing pictures await and you haven't disappointed ever! your choice of colors and the way the mood is expressed is quite an inspiration.

Tanvi said...

I love your colors! They always brighten up the day and look great on you. Love the third picture the most. It's innocent and cute ;)

Vix said...

Your inspirational colour choice has really brightened up a wet British morning, Dusk.
The more miserable the weather is outside the harder I try to lift the spirits of my nearest and dearest and fellow townsfolk by dressing in equally bright and outlandish colour combinations.
A little of what you fancy does you good.
Vix
xxx

Leia said...

Also, can you pleaseplease join Twitter so we can keep up with you when you're too busy to update the blog? Pretty please with a cherry on top?

Suruchi said...

Haha...I looooooooouve tha last para here Dusk...
I guess I am so confused about weight loss because I am making my palate n mind confused about it too!
Though I never really feel the guilt about indulging in mmmm food!
I try to burn it out next day in the gym...n if that does not happen...still chill pill...aise he theek hain...
Smile n get away with it!

By the way...I have never seen a pair of jeans fit so well as they cling to your legs!*crying with envy n smiling with joy to have known u*:-)

bollywoodstylediaries said...

u are a colorful personality:-)

I agree with you about chocolate. There is nothing that chocolate cant fix:-)

Tanvi said...

I have a tag for you! :) On 13th July's post just in case you check it later! Hope all is well.

Hippie Holly said...

Your leg goes up that high??? Remind me not to get into a girl fight with you, you could kick some serious ass!!! I love that white sweater :) I am really missing winter!

Prutha Raithatha said...

thats some insight hunny.. i never thought about guilt and food that way.. thanks for sharing...

i normally never watch what i eat, but do run to make up for it as and when i can...need to do a lot more...
even running a marathon last yr didnt help..hehehe

much love

-prutha

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

The first pic is the word. I'm biased towards Orange and White anyway, they being my school colours! :P Love the boots too! :)

jemina said...

I LOVE all your choices of colours, you and me sister, we are both colour lovah :)), thank you so much for your lovely comments, you are the BESTEST, keep in touch and tell me more about what you did in Surabaya, love hugs n kisses, always, Jemina, XOXO

Anonymous said...

I am purple person, but now orange is beginning to inspire !
Nice theory on the guilt thing, I never feel guilty for I eat!