My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Think Pink...

...even when you're wearing all black... Pink is the colour of Universal love...  



Pink is the colour of femininity and feminine strength......gentleness, beauty, caring, tenderness, self-worth and acceptance...
...  Pink is a union of red and white so has both fire and air elements.  The energy in pink is determined by how much red is present.  Shades of deep pink, such as magenta, are effective in neutralizing disorder and violence. Some prisons use limited deep pink tones to diffuse aggressive behaviour. 
...White is the potential for fullness, while red helps you to achieve that potential.   Pink combines these energies and becomes the power of hope...

The Pink Ribbon is an internationally recognized symbol of hope and awareness in the fight against breast cancer.   October is Pink Ribbon month.  Think Pink...and please click this...everyday...

The Breast Cancer Site


**********************************************************
Pink is the favourite colour of a fellow blogger I deeply admire and respect... She is well known to many throughout the blogosphere for her energy, spirituality and positivity... Kiran is a spirit motivator.

**********************************************************
wearing:
black dolman-sleeved, sequin-trim tabbed, cowl-neck knit top that is so old it's patched in places but dammit it's so comfortable and interesting * tube skirt, rib jersey in its 'raw' state as in worn as is, not stitched just knotted * gold chain belt & gold studded double skinny belt * snakeskin heels * knuckle rings & gold button earrings & gold orb bangles

[click images to see large view of details. NB. images will open in new windows.]

17 comments:

T said...

I would wear this head to toe (are those green toes?!)

Dusk said...

Hiya FB... yep... shimmery lime green and gold nails...

kiran sawhney said...

Thank you. I like the description of colors. Yes Fuschia pink and White (Happy White) are my top favorites.
Animation done successfully. Thanks to you. Yippie!!!

I am happy with my first attempt. Would take me ages to get as wonderful as you do.

Anupriya DG said...

Such fun nail colors u have on lady!!! :)
And all black makes you look sexier! ;)

Leia said...

I click every day :) and I'm glad you are reminding us to do something so simple that could help save lives!

Black & gold: one of my favorite color combinations. You look regal! And I saw your feature on Kiran's blog :)

Leia

Vix said...

Oh Dusk, even though I'm constantly inspired by your gloriously colourful posts you look damned hot in this black number. Those green toe nails are just fabulous. xxx

Vinda Sonata said...

hey dusk. glad you're back with the comment form!
love the pictures here. your figure is feminine and strong. and you're pretty.
reading your blog gives me a lot of energy.

have a nice day!

Unknown said...

Absolutely, we are thinking pink this month. In fact at my work place we celebrated the Pink Ribbon Day by wearing PINK :)

Killer Drama said...

you had me at "...even when you're wearing all black... Pink is the colour of Universal love... "

:)


true!

Zanita said...

Hey Dusk,
Thanks so much for your considered comments and compliments on my blog - as for your questions, I've been working fulltime as a model for around 7 years in Australia, London and Hamburg. I've learnt everything I know about photography from these years working with photographers and alongside other models. I've just got a critical eye and a passion for beautiful imagery. Knowing light is essential for a model, particularly when it comes to natural light. I can tell you have a great eye for lighting and silhouette from your beautiful shots also - its great to have a dialogue with someone who knows!
I'm super busy lately but hopefully sometime over the summer we can meet up for coffee and i can take some shots for your blog! (if you're interested)
Much love zx

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Hottie!! Pink is the colour of blush, a woman's attribute that probably won't look as good on a man! ;)

Oh to Be a Muse said...

thanks for the lovely comment on my blog. you always take great outdoor photos.

i had no idea you brought back the comments.

i love your chic bangles and colorful toes. great post.

http://ohtobeamuse.com

SabinePsynopsis said...

It's good of you to think of this, Dusk! I don't find pink an easy colour to wear, but this is a special occasion and you do look beautiful in pink (as in black)!

Amanda said...

Hi Dusk!

You can pull off anything. That "raw" tube skirt of yours is just so creative. I would have never thought of doing that! Take care hun and thank you so much for visiting our blog. x

jemina said...

Dusk, you are a goddess, I have never encountered any bad pics of you. Keep on Shining doll!!!

LOVE LOVE
Jemina
xoxo

Prutha Raithatha said...

loving those bangles

Aarti verma said...

the jewellery is 2 die for!!!

http://fashionisnart.blogspot.com/