My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Binary Code Day!!

...101010... J

Can you imagine our world without binary code??  For starters you couldn't see this! Any of this!  And Neo wouldn't have been the One...
Hope you all had/are having/will have a Perfect 10 day. 

I did... markets with girlfriends this morning, Yum Cha with my husband, a Chalk Art Festival afterwards, watched a major car race and MotoGP* at home with friends and then the usual crowd for Sunday dinner.  Sunday nights at our place is perfect chaos.
...I don't usually divulge what I do during the day but... obviously I felt like it today and I don't edit what I write.  As a journalist I have to edit.  As a blogger I free flow.
* I used to ride bikes. Still do. 


*****************
wearing:
* leopard print fedora that has a vintage 007 logo pin on it, it belonged to my father-in-law, forgot to get a close up. dammit 
* magenta (not red, despite appearances) lace shirt
* black double layer slashed-can't-really-descrbe-what-they-are-but-I-guess-they're-culottes, last seen here
* vintage triple chain & leather belt, last seen here
* the boss of all iridescent fuschia skycraper platforms, so darn comfortable I go rock-climbing in them
* binary bangles & flying rings... click middle pic for large view (will open in new window)

22 comments:

Zorian said...

OMG. What a great Fedora. Kitty says, Meeeow!

Unknown said...

Hey Dusk, I really liked the combination Red and Black. Actually, both red and black are my favorite colors. The hat, the bangles and the rings are all matching and look perfect. The butterfly ring is really cool. You look great, STUNNING !!

Tanvi said...

You were NOT kidding with you said you have 'n' number for Hats [Fedora] ... Love the pumps and the hat. This would be on my wish list for sure now!

Oh Binary Code ... I did learn it back in school ... I wonder if I remember any! Happy 101010 :)

Leia said...

It sounds like you had a great day! And oh my... I adore that fedora, and you are wearing one of my favorite colors (again!) Magenta top & lips & shoes: fantastic. You look amazing :)

Leia

jemina said...

MY dearest darling, you always NEVER avail to amaze me. You are indeed a true inspiration, there is nothing here that I don't like PERFECT 10 10 10 allllllll the wayyyyyy. With 10 10 10 LOVE, always, Jemina, XOXO

Vix said...

Who's the cat in the hat? Why it's the super fabulous Dusk of course! I bet you'd even look hot in a crash helmet. You are stunning, always. xxx

Anupriya DG said...

Happy 101010 D!! The pumps are killer! I won't last on them for 2 secs......but as usual...u look as if u were born wearing 'em! :)

kiran sawhney said...

Am totally in love with your style. You are definitely my style Guru. My style Icon. And I mean it 100% genuinely.

garakami said...

oh yea, you know just the right things to say! how do you do it??

& i want to have your day :( maybe then i won't feel so lifeless.

i want those shoes... aigooo, so cool!

SabinePsynopsis said...

Binary code... Whazz is zat? (Was there anything about it in The Matrix?). But binary or not - I did love this special tenner day and I think you might look even more fabulous on this day. Leopard hat, pink shoes, red cardi and LOTS of jewellery... You are unbeatable! xoxo

Prutha Raithatha said...

THose shoes r the bomb!!! i like the shape of the heel..its sooo quirky and cool... lovely skirt too..unique shape !!!

and i can finally comment on ur blog!!! yeahieeee

much love darling

Vintage Obsession said...

oh how do you just do it , every single post , pictures are super awesome :) the pink hot shoes is holy :) *whistles*

bollywoodstylediaries said...

whoa!! cant believe u are actually rock climbing in those killer heels!!

love ur fedora!!

Sonshu said...

OhMy OhMy! Those shoes! YOU ROCK CLIMBED in them? wow. :) This is my first time here But i sure will be here often! :) hehehhe

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

OMIGOSH I WANT...no, NEED...no LOVET your fuchsia pumps, tigress!! You look sexy as always!

Kahani said...

haha you gorgeous geek you! =P

Beautifully Invisible said...

Those pumps are perfect. And so are those bracelets! LOVE them. The "close up" photo was evil - it just made me want them more.

Emilie Delance said...

Wauw! Love the sassy pink shoes :D And yay for the leopard hat, so gorgeous <3

Chic Therapy said...

love those shoes

Gorgeous Glam said...

Wow she climbs rocks in pumps, a true super hero! I knew it, you're so busted! ;) I think there's an older post of you somewhat flying as well...hmmm. Love that butterfly ring does it hold any super powers as well? Hope you are having a fabulous day dear ;)

The Sydney Girl said...

love your creativity and style!!!! so inspiring! <3

Fab Five said...

Wow, That triple chain belt is hot!! Great photos as usual :)