My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mamazon...

Wearing one of my bodychains*... bit of a theme going on this week... I'm all armour and arm-our and gladiator boots and harnesses and grrr power and pink energy and where-are-my-nunchucks? [which by the way, I can totally do.    In my dreams]  and general wannabe-Amazon fierceness  ... which is interesting considering I'm totally crumbling at the realisation that my youngest is no longer a baby. L
(jump for more...)


*my bodychains... I'm getting quite a few orders!  Have a crazy rush for Christmas! I do a variety, will post the full range soon... and I need your help deciding something...

I went through it with the others but...it's hitting me hard, real hard, this time.  He's 14 and he towers above me now [I am now officially the shortest and I am not short! I have a family of giants!] and when I ask about the movie, that he and his girlfriend went to see, I get;
My child aka 14yo bucket of hormones: "Was okay, didn't really watch it."
Me aka naive idiot: "Huh?  Why? What was wrong?  Did [girlfriend] like it?"
My child aka Child With Naive Idiot For a Parent: "Mum... we didn't watch the movie."

Oh.

That didn't hit as hard as seeing him at his Cadets Stand-In Parade.  I didn't recognise him because I was looking for my little boy and well... he's a young man.  There may have been tears.  It will be worse when he starts driving.  The others had to kick me out of their cars.  ["It's okay Mum, I love you, now get out."]   sigh.  I'm ridiculous.

...I'll be back to continue/finish this... it's late and I'm not funny...but I want to publish this because I'm trying to be a good blogger.... just realised!... I'm pretty much wearing the same thing one week later!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow...Supa Sexy photos..You rock !!

Tanvi said...

Awww! You are adorable. Totally adorable Mom! I am sure all the Moms in the world will relate to you but all I can say is that you are by far the 'awesome-est' Mom in the whole bloggin world! :)

kiran sawhney said...

Oh! wow! You too are human and not super human as I used to think. You too have teenage children worries that I have. Children learning to drive- Tell me about it. I can write a full blog on this.
As usual, love your look- The backdrop, styling everything. But you have the panache to wear it.
I can never imagine myself wearing the body chains. I don't think I will be able to carry it.

Helga said...

OMG,you got it going on!!! Fab body,fab outfit!!!
:)

Prutha Raithatha said...

one of my fav outfits on u soo far..the top fits u like a glove and ur hot body is making even me lust!!! .../the shoes r crazy and divine... and i love the body chains and the skirt!!! and basically everything!!!

fab post hunny

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I know how u feel. Kids grow up so fast.I just feel like freezing time so that they remain my babies forever!!!!

love ur shoes - u look fierce!!

chichichic.wordpress.com said...

Love the body chain! well done!

jemina said...

Oh WOW!!! that body chain is AMAZING!!!, and thanks for sharing the story of your youngest son, too cute :)

Kisses
J
xoxo

Anupriya DG said...

That skirt's a gorgeous color! And the shoes are super-HOT!! (But not more than you!!!) :))

FashionPhD said...

awesome body chain. you look hot :D

Leia said...

You are absolutely gorgeous, that green color is divine, I want your figure, I love your bodychains, and your son is hilarious! Okay those are all the compliments my tired brain can think of right now! :P

Leia

Rock'n Roll Ballerina said...

You wear those chains well:) Love the green skirt as well! See you!

Bhushavali said...

AWESOME!!! Just AWESOME!!!
Great style and your shoes are fab!!!
Fashion Panache - My 4" heels

gayatri said...

That body chain is so innovative Dusk. you carry it off very well:)
on an aside, i think it would also look nice if worn with a top like this one http://74.124.211.50/~dfr/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/ella-moss-abbey-shirred-top-black.jpg wat say?

stylestalker said...

coolest bodychain, girl! we're loving hardware here at the office.
xx

Diary of a Young Designer said...

those shoes are just insanely dangerous!!!

xo
Sophie