My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Friday, September 23, 2011

The Ice Factory...

...is the HOTTEST book out there right now!  And it's written by one of the coolest people I know... my dear, wonderful friend, Jason Roger Phillips. 

'The Ice Factory's tagline is "a hurricane is about to change everything" and it certainly blew me away...


Jason is also a scriptwriter and a recognised short-film director and although I'm not an actor, I have been his 'star' a few times!  But that's not why you should read it.... you should read this book because it's always exciting to discover new talent.  And Jason is a very very talented writer.  In fact he just has to write his signature and people wax lyrical... J

The book was officially launched in Sydney last night and is available on Amazon and people are raving about it!  I was on 'duty' last night in my capacity as CamNinja [aka event photographer] but there's always time to pose [aka...pose].


MORE PICS & SYNOPSIS AFTER THE JUMP!


"When Audrey woke up on the kitchen floor, she didn't expect to find herself in the news. But there she was, for all the wrong reasons, and now it seemed all of Trinidad & Tobago was laughing at her.
By divine intervention, her path leads to the neighbouring island of Grenada - once a jewel of the Caribbean, the tiny nation faces its darkest hour in the aftermath of Hurricane Edna.
The natives are restless: having no electricity, no homes, plenty of heat and no ice for their grog. Audrey is about to face the biggest challenge of her life, as the new owner of the Ice Factory..."

Jason is from Tinidad, hence the story being based there and the story is based loosely on family.  I won't review it for you.  Unfortunately I can't help but not be biased!  It is a fabulous read!   



I always say that I must have saved the world in my last life (I'm Hindu. I can say that.) because in this life... I am blessed to have the friends I have.  I have extraordinary friends, not just because of their creative abilities and taste in friends (hehe...geddit??).

I will always be blown away by their humility.  And generosity of spirit and their honesty.  Not just words wise but in the sharing of themselves. MYGOD.  Just thinking about them as I write this makes me want to cry, I am sometimes that overwhelmed by the beauty of their personalities.  I am a very VERY lucky being. 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm interesting..may be I will check out this book whenever I'll have some free time next...Thanks

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

Oh you glorious, wonderful woman - look at all that amazing colour!!! I think they should have a launch party for YOU!!!!! xoxoxoxoox

mispapelicos said...

People who are really worth it, are always humble.And you are more and more beautiful every time I come to visit.
Besos.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

I V Y said...

so pretty! amazing print on that dress!

xo zebra and meerkat

doradadama said...

I love the splash of colors your wearing goes really well with your dark hair.
the picture of you cover your eyes is my fave.
Friends like that is what makes it all worth it.

pavani reddy said...

vibrant...


http://megalivingg.blogspot.com/