My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What's Your Guilty Pleasure?

What are Guilty Pleasures?
....hmmm...I guess they're things you shouldn't be doing because they're not 'good' for you...but damn they feel good!

And really...it's not that I feel guilty when I do them.  It's more that I feel guilty because I don't feel guilt. Know what I mean?  So perhaps that's a better definition of what a Guilty Pleasure is. Something 'bad' for you but you feel no guilt doing it.  Does that make sense??

Anyway... my guilty pleasures... I have many (including eating [sugar-free] super crunchy peanut butter STRAIGHT FROM THE JAR.  I know right?  Stop. The. Press. Bad. ...and I like making lists.  Lists of the lists I need to make.) but my worst -or best- is...  watching Australia's Next Top Model.


I don't know why I watch this show because it just... irritates me.  Not the girls, they're sweet and gorgeous and funny and teenagers/young 'adults' so they are who they are and it's not their fault that the fashion industry deems their body types/looks to be the epitome of beauty...but.... the judges drive me insane!!!  Especially ex supermodel / show host Sarah Murdoch.  Not because of this.  But because she is a member of the Body Image Advisory Committee.  And that's taking hypocrisy to a new level.

Anyway... because yet agan I am writing this post at an unhumanly time I can't get my opinion together to have a true rant.  I need to make a vlog.  Okay... so... your turn? 
What's your guilty pleasure??

8 comments:

Barbara von Enger said...

What's my guilty pleasure? For me, pleasure is never guilty, but rather a Pleasure. I'm coming over to do a photoshoot with you;-)

mispapelicos said...

The tried The format of Next Top model in Spain, and it failed, and so did The X Faxtor.
Having a cold beer in the evening heat; although I only do it on Sundays. LOL.
Much love my dear friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hippie Holly said...

I really try not to feel guilty about anything that makes me happy, but from the top of my head my guilty pleasure would be shows like Gossip Girl, Vampire Diaries and 90210..shows meant for teenagers that I get hooked to! :) I guess I have yet to snap out of teendom :)

Anonymous said...

Well I eat a whole lot of chocolate and lots of drama shows. :)

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Blog reading. Ice cream. Beer. Champagne. The new boyfriend.

LOVE to you gorgeous- no guilt in that!

Leia said...

Love the bright pinks and purples and blues in your outfit! My guilty pleasure is definitely mind-numbing TV shows... I watch far too much TV.

Leia

doradadama said...

My guilty pleasure is chocolate simply because I am not allowed to eat chocolate because of my migraines. once and while when no one is looking. I will sneak a tiny piece but then I end up with bad migraine. loving your pink and purple emsemble amor. turquoise accesories too. love that foto of you covering one eye, so cute.

pavani reddy said...

ice cream,chicken biryani,tv soaps


http://megalivingg.blogspot.com/