My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ode To Joy

I'm not sure if I have written about this before... it is possible that I may not have had this blog when I last experienced this live, my MOST favourite symphony piece, Beethoven's Ninth, 'Ode An Die Freude' (Ode To Joy).

I cannot describe to you how this symphony makes me feel.  Joyous is too mild a word to explain it.  I cry every time I listen to this and I listen to it fairly often.  It is the one symphony I will see live over and over again and never tire of.  It just lifts me, embraces me, warms me, liberates me, cocoons me, caresses me, it gives me goosebumps and makes me cry and makes me laugh and makes me wonder at the magic of humankind.


I have been 'in to' classical music since I was a teenager.  Not because I was learning any classical instrument but... because I was (am) all about expanding my mind with great literature and classics, etc, etc and to be honestly honest, at that time, it was a bit pretentious and for show. 
I did find out that some books I insisted on touting with me everywhere so that people could see how sensitive and intellectual I was... cured any sign of insomnia. 

...but I did actually find out that I loved classical music. LOVED it. So, my pretentiousness paid off.  That ol' chestnut... pretend long enough to be something and you might just become it.  That works both ways, good and bad but it doesn't work at all if you pretend to be Bruce Lee when you're not Bruce Lee. What?  Never mind...

In my last post I had said that I'm not inclined to pay the exorbitant ticket prices to see concerts but I don't feel that way when it comes to classical concerts.  Odd, considering I love (eg.) Prince and consider him a musical genius.


The symphony was performed by the Australian Chamber Orchestra but I have experienced it performed by many marvelous Symphony orchestras, including the magnificent Sydney Symphony.

MORE IMAGES AFTER THE JUMP!


wearing:
...oh does it matter??  You can see...


My beautiful friend Koko was my Symphony companion and she too was completely enthralled and uplifted! And now a fan for life.
There is such pleasure in introducing beauty to a beauty lover.
And there is beauty everywhere in this world.
Regardless and despite the ugliness.


Here are more images of my hot Koko :D !






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing <3

citizen rosebud said...

I love that piece of music- and you are dressed accordingly.

Unknown said...

Hi Dusk!

I found you via Desiree and i will for sure come for more !

My mom is a pianist i was raised with Beethoven and all the other musical geniuses so i know how you feel!

Will follow your stunning blog

Ariane xxx

Oh to Be a Muse said...

So nice that the two of you went to listen to classical music together. When I was in my church band like 15 years ago, I had to learn to play songs like Greensleeves (my fave) and Ode to Joy (second fave), so I can see why it's your favorite piece.

Veshoevius said...

You both look stunning! I love classical music and love going to concerts - glad to see that there are some who still believe in getting dressed up beautiful to listen to beautiful music!

The Sydney Girl said...

Both you women look incredible!!!! I've always wanted to go to the chamber orchestra. I'll have to make it happen soon! Sounds beautiful!

Joelyne

New Post: STATUS Accessories

x❤x❤x