My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

FANtastic Blogs!

What better way to show my appreciation for newly-discovered-and-already-addicted-to blogs than passing on awards and dancing Guajiras (fan dance J)?


© theDUSKzone 2010


I was given 2 awards* by the lovely, quirky, fabulous Romany from the robins, which is a blog that is right UP there in my favourite blogs list.  Romany is taking a break at the moment but please do read her archives.  She has such delicious taste in everything!
...it's really quite a "what? me??" moment to be appreciated by your blogging peers, especially when you're a blogging rookie (blookie?).  I understand the Oscars now...

So without further ado, let the ceremony begin.  I am applying the rules to both awards, splitting it up, nominating 12 ('new to me and already favourites') bloggers, 6 each...and I have to tell you, it is really, really hard to narrow it down and to not keep naming the same blogs because they're just so fabulous!!  It's why I have created my BLOGS I LOVE page. [see tab above]

The Rules:

1. Link to the person that gave you the award.
2. Pass the award on to however many bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
3. Contact the blogs and let them know they have won.
4. State seven things about yourself.

....and THE BEAUTIFUL BLOGGER Award goes to... [drum roll please and in no particular order]

Glisters and Blisters
Inspiration in Italy
Bardot in Blue

The OVER THE TOP! Award goes to... [another drum roll maestro and this too is in no particular order]

My Tumbling Thoughts To The World (Here I Come)
Hippie by Heart. Thinks Fashion is Art
Lions, Tigers & Fashion, OH MY!
Rock n Roll Ballerina
Republic of Chic
Gorgeous Glam

I hope you enjoy these blogs as much as I do!
...now could I get some more awards so that I can pass these on to all my other favourites!!!!!!!
(I'm kidding.  Sort of.)

*Romany gave us a choice one or both.  I took both!!  All the better to share...
***********************************************************************

12 comments:

Vix said...

Well thank you, beautiful lady!!!! You've made my day. You so deserve these awards, I've been catching up on your fabulous blog and enjoyed every minute.
The fan dance is amazing, you'd give my lovely Bollywood Helen a run for her money!
Vix
xxx

bollywoodstylediaries said...

u totally deserve it!! love ur dancing pic and ur smile and the way ur hair blows in the end:-)

Fashion Bombay said...

Yay, Thank you so much :) we're so excited. This is our first blog award :)
Definitely a reason for celebration. :)

Vintage Obsession said...

Oh i totally this picture and that skirt , i wanna maple syrup them and lick it of :) err sort of :)

Gorgeous Glam said...

Awe thank you sooo much! You are too sweet! Of course I am so glad I found your blog as well! Love it! hugs dear.

Tanvi said...

Yay! Congrats! :o) And your picture is a work of art in itself ... the skirt is absolutely something to die for.

Unknown said...

Haha.. Smrithi is getting rather kinky in your comments section! Must talk her into going out into the real world more often to exercise all that bottled up kinkiness ;)

And thank you so much! Sis and I are so flattered YOU thin so :)

Congratulations yourself, Missy! :)

SabinePsynopsis said...

Congratulations to so many awards! You surely deserve it, Dusk.

Romany said...

Yay you took both! :D
And thank you for these kinds words, I must admit I'm blushing haha. :D
Romany
xx

Sher said...

Why, thank you so much, darling! And Congrats on the awards, they're so well deserved!! And I totally understand the oscars feelings lol:P

xx

Suruchi said...

WooooooooooooooooooooooooooW...
Yiyee yiyee....
Thank you soooooooooooo much...
Was out for a week n just catching up now on all that I missed...

N looks like there's a complete feast here for me to gorge on...

Thanks a ton for the award...means soooooooo much to me...coz I kinda look upto you as a pretty n witty goddess...who is now also a very kind one...

Big hugsssssssssss
Stay as awesome as you are...
Muwaaaaaah:-)

Chicago Chic said...

I CAN'T believe I missed this!!!! Thank you so much, it means a million coming from you! Sorry it took me over a month to see it. You are so inspiring to me so I am completely honoured.


Rachel