My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Harlequeen...

Not a deep and meaningful, just a bitextual post... It's my writing trademark. Bitextuality. I can't just write straight.... baboomtish

(And a backdated one too!)  Wore this to a close friend's 40th dinner party... adore the harlequin pattern of my vintage Gottex skirt and this vintage coat makes me feel rather majestic, like wearing a royal coronation cape, very dramatic... harlequeen... 

© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010
© theDUSKzone 2010© theDUSKzone 2010

**************************************************
wearing:
black corset-style shirt * vintage Gottex skirt, I collect vintage Gottex skirts, which makes me sound rather pretentious so let me rephrase and add to this... I collect vintage Gottex skirts if and only if I can find them for AUD$15 or less * vintage wool coat, now coats I will pay more for, especially if they're vintage, my coat collection is rather extensive, a 20 year obsession accumulation * purple leather gloves, not technically vintage but I've had them a long time * vintage hot pink cluster-flower earrings

One thing... despite the Gottex namedrop, I very rarely mention the label or brand of what I'm wearing.  This is not because I don't want to share nor 'spill' my 'secrets'!  I don't particularly like being branded by a label, regardless of cost but it's mainly about inspiration... not mimicry.

****************************************************

12 comments:

SabinePsynopsis said...

You look absolutely AMAZING, Dusk. There are few women I know who can carry off strong colours the way you do (it obviously needs a strong woman ;-)
I'm a bit ambiguous about labels, too. That's why I hide them at the end of my posts. But sometimes the label, i.e. the designer, actually means something to me in terms of creativity or vision.

Leia said...

Wowwww, your skirt is absolutely AMAZING! I've never heard of Gottex but I will look it up right away. You look like a gypsy queen (which some wouldn't take as a compliment, but I mean it as one!) So dramatic and beautiful!

Vinda Sonata said...

i love the fur details on your coat! fab find, m'dear. you look faaaantastic!!! i love the dynamic poses there!

Vix said...

How on earth did I miss this post? That skirt is just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
I've never heard of Gottex before but if that's an example of the typical style I'm definately on the lookout now!
Fully with you on the whole label thing, I buy 'cos I love it, the label means nothings (although it can be quite exciting when you've paid pennies and discovered it to be a posh brand afterwards).
Vix
xxx

Leah said...

I adore that skirt... it's so YOU. It's filled with drama and colors.

About the label mention, I tend to check out the labels of items I love like that skirt so that I can also get mine. But since it is vintage, I guess I won't be lucky to have a skirt like yours now. *sobs*

Tanvi said...

I am totally digging the Purple leather gloves :o) The coat and that dress is a great find too!!! :o) Loving the splash of colour! And you wore it someone's birthday? Hope they were dressed bright enough too? ;) ... Good to see your lovely pics after what seems almost eternity!!!

Killer Drama said...

you must have 2 rooms full of only your clothes

hai na??? eheheee

Vintage Obsession said...

i wish i lived in Australia i would be running to your place to hug you :) i love the way you look here and all the colors !! muy muy bonito :)

Fourth Daughter said...

AMAZING colours.. I LOVE this outfit! I have a very similar coat but I'd never think of wearing it with a long skirt like that .. mainly because I so rarely wear long skirts.. but if I had one like that I would!!

Hippie Holly said...

The skirt is GORGEOUS!!!! I *heart* skirt! And you carry it off beautifully!

L1L2 said...

ur attitude is awesome! not just in the pics but the namedrop deal too... u r a brand in itself, no worries on being 'branded by a label' as you put it:)

Anonymous said...

nice blog. Love the splashing colours of the pictures. Check mine at www.girlmeetsaccessories.blogspot.com