My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Post hoc, ergo... my past...

Okay... here are some images from my past... in lieu of a proper post. egads. This is not the way a blogger should be. A friend who regularly reads my blog asked me if I've been running around naked since the last post.
...oh ha bloomin' ha.

I just haven't had time to take images. Well, actually I have had the time but not the inclination. Or the inclination but not the memory, it will be close to midnight and I'll remember that I forgot! sigh.  I have/had all these grand ideas about filler posts but...hmm...as you can see that didn't come to fruition. 

Anyway, this is me.  These images are 15-20 years old.  Don't judge me.  Twas the time, the era.  I used to be a model.  Apparently smiling was not my thing.  These are some print images that were used for editorials, ads and posters.


© Dusk Devi

Loved the catwalk.  Because I'm just such a wallflower you know?




My real job.  I still work as a print journalist but I used to be a TV and radio journo.  And a jazz singer.  That's one of my old band leaders.  Yes I'm wearing saris.  I'm Indian.  It's my thing.  That orange one is vintage, belonged to my mother, in the 60s.  I still have it, wore it to a wedding recently.  Oh the mundane details of my life.  Lucky you.  J




I was also a Jedi... True story.  Next post.  You'll see.  kisses darlings...

*********************************************************************

27 comments:

Vix said...

Welcome back, my dear Dusk and thank you for sharing these wonderful snaps of your past with us.
You look absolutely stunning in every photograph but I adore you in the vintage orange sari the most. If anything you've become even more beautiful. Vix xxx

Barbara von Enger said...

You look dazzling in your sari, Dusk! The first three belongs to my favourite images of you and the last five make my heart sing!;-)

Vibhuti said...

whoa Whoa WHOA!!!
You are one amazingly versatile being there! I just adore those B/W shots..Aah you must have such beautiful memories of such a gorgeous past! Lucky u..Thanks for sharing these visual treats..:D

Killer Drama said...

Wow! :) I loved the catwalk picture!!!! Boy, total rockstar you are, were, will always be.. mwaaaaaaaaaaaahh

jemina said...

YAY!!! you're still rockin' it Hun, LOVE LOVE LOVE all of your pictures, thanks for sharing, and I'm so flattered that you 'got inspired' by my latest post :)), and please please tell us more about your JEDI adventure, I can't wait :)), wishing you a magical weekend darling, love, hugs, and kisses, J, XOXO, mwah..............

Vintage Obsession said...

I remember going through these pictures a few months ago , i was so mesmerized and completely dazzled.It was a killer combination with some chai :-) so glad you decided to share it with everyone :)

Leia said...

Dusk, you are possibly the coolest person EVER. And sooo drop dead gorgeous! Those images... wow, wow, wow, wow, wow!!! I can't even choose a favorite because you look absolutely amazing in all!

Leia

Zabrinah said...

I loved this post! Captivating and inspiring!

You're pure beauty!

:)

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

O.o :O :O :O

What a post!! What photos!! What a woman!!

This is my favourite favourite post!! Your old photos conjure up so many good vibes!! Should I even say how fabulously gorgeous you look? And more than that, how smart a woman you were and ARE!! I'm impressed! :)

Plisssss dont take mini-sabbaticals again okay. :P :) Hugs!!

Sybil said...

wow.. it was nice to take a peek at your past.. thanks for sharing these images.. you seem like you led an interesting life.. :)

Animated Confessions

Sig said...

Stunning :D

T said...

I have my daily Dusk doses! You are gorgeous, my dear. Stunning.

Chicago Chic said...

UNBELIEVABLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

bollywoodstylediaries said...

I love, love the first pic..and the one in ornage sari..thanks for putting them up!!

Kahani said...

Whoaaa! Absolutely gorgeous! I adore the first photo very Pocahontas. But I love you best in your radio journo mode. ;)

kiran sawhney said...

I had written a detailed com(pli)ment here. Where did it go?

Anonymous said...

i love the photo of you and Ken!

Spardha Malik said...

u wore a sari!!!!!! such a hippie rocker... jazz singer? model??? dude, what's next on ur list?? i love the third on the top... look like sharmila tagore from her initial movies..

Crazy cool!

Fashion Bombay said...

Do you have to look that hot in a sari? My husband thinks you're sexy btw. I normally would be jealous but I am so in agreement with him that I can't ;)

SabinePsynopsis said...

You are just too gorgeous to be true - today as much as ever!

L1L2 said...

u r such a star! love the almost eve black n white shot...

Aria said...

Stupendous Post!!!!!

Absolutely love this "behind the scenes" look at your life. :)

Anonymous said...

Holly Molly! You've never changed after 15 years!!! I'd love to be like that in future, though I'm owning lotsa grey hairs already buhuhuhu!!!

You are gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! No wonder you pose like a model! YOu are a model!

daisybabie said...

GULP! i am in awe.
not only are gorgeous, but you are truly an amazingly talented female! rock on, chica!

Oh to Be a Muse said...

thanks for showing us this side of you. i didn't know you were a radio journalist. i'm just a practicing journalist, :).

so beautiful!

http://cherylclarke.blogspot.com

Rock'n Roll Ballerina said...

You look so beautiful in sari:)

annie said...

I LOVE IT! That is so exciting!