My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Melbourne Cup Day

[A backdated post! with a really boring title! have overdosed on Indian sweets and am sugar-drunk right now!]
Wore this on Melbourne Cup Day but because I was not attending a race luncheon (was at work), I toned it down...

I’m not a gambler of any monetary sort. I don’t even like horseracing unless it’s a 2 or 4 wheeler beast with horsepower... but I usually do attend race days, just for the sheer 'fabulosity' of it.  I am rather tired of how casual the world has become, making an effort seems to have become an effort and that attitude bores me.  Racegoers actually make an effort....although oh dear, people do get very Eliza Doolittle-ish...

Anyway... Cup Day is a big deal, especially and of course, in Melbourne.  In Sydney life goes on.  Twas the first time in a very long time I hadn't done something with my girls! That's okay though because I was doing something else rather exciting.  Will fill you in soon.  [I'm writing this on Friday Nov 5th and it's Diwali and I'm running late and I am lazy and busy and crazy!]   HAPPY DIWALI darlings!  A proper post on this soon.




wearing:
vinatge dress * fuschia fishnets * burgundy leather T-bar (which you can't see!) shoes * COCO LIBERACE jewellery * blue mascara. yes.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Melbourne Cup Day is certainly a big hit in OZ land. You look so pretty. Wish you and your family a very happy diwali.

kiran sawhney said...

Wish you a very Happy Diwali Dusk.
I love your blue mascara. But actually could not see the T bar of your shoes. I quite like T bar shoes. Specially cos they go well with Tango.

Leia said...

Happy Diwali!
You look incredibly bright and beautiful. Love the florals and the colors! I hope you have (had?) a lovely (albeit busy) day :)

Leia

Vix said...

Happy Diwali if you're celebrating it! Such a fabulous dress, different from your usual style but nevertheless incredible gorgeous, colourful and unique - just like you. xxx

bollywoodstylediaries said...

Wishing you and your lovely family Happy Diwali!! Did you wear a sari? Would love to see u in one!!

you ARE fabulous:-)

archives vintage said...

those fishnets are fabulous!

Tanvi said...

Wish you and you family a VERY Happy Diwali! Hope you have a happy and prosperous New Year!

I love this dress. Perfect for Spring! You look Hot! The Fishnets are absolutely awesome! :)

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

Sooo adorable! Perfect pairing!

FashionPhD said...

you have such good pictures! love the creativity in the poses