My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Wallflower...

Yeah. Right.

[Okay...have finally uploaded the rest of the pics...the early hours of Dec 24!]

I had a WONDERFUL day and night ... these pics were taken around dusk...and a darling beautiful soul friend is standing on the other side of the camera, drink in hand, commentary at the ready, watching me do my 'thing'!! ie....Run from tripod to position in under 10 seconds and HOLD....and ah-huh...I am perched rather precariously on that root vine creeper!!
...it was a strong vine... but most of my weight is in my legs!  It was hard work being a wallflower.  Yes.  That was a subtle dig.  Not at 'wallflowers'.  At myself.  In a good way.



MORE PICS AFTER THE JUMP!

The above shot is one of those wonderful fluke shots that comes about because you're trying to hold a pose and then a total spoilsport yells out something random ("Cameron Diaz"...don't worry, only one reader is supposed to understand that...) and you crack up and lose the dignified/sultry/whatever pose and assume the photo has 'gone bad' until you see the photo and think... dude!... nice. 


Click pic to see close-up of accessories (will open in new window). 
Unfortunately I forgot to take close-up pics of my earrings... I made them.  Gold hoops with 'universe' beads and purple/aqua Swarovski crystals.  I also make them in silver.

Christmas toes!!... um... mistletoes...??? !!!!!


When I saw this beautiful red Kombi van, I had originally thought the 'story' of this post would be ...Kombi Nation....because of the stereotype image [Peace and Love and mung beans baby] and how I wish that was a truism of us as a nation and indeed, the world...and also because of the combination I'm wearing, french stripe and frilly mullet skirt!  Seemingly disparate and yet... not... and of course I thought of how Christmas-y my emerald skirt would be with the red van!

Alas I missed the light, and the van wasn't parked in the right direction to catch the last light so I don't like the photos.  This one is just to show you the gorgeous colour of the van... and also because it was Scooby Doo's van!!  Let me know if you don't know why...


...and this is what I wore out at night... pleated georgette pallazzo pants and a sheer chiffon long-sleeved, plunge neck bodysuit... I was such a Disco Devi... sorry... I took these pics laaaaate at night/eaaaaarly morning...

11 comments:

gayatri said...

wish we get to see this top more often than (k)not :P
you wear it well dusk, love the colour combo.

www.kavisto.blogspot.com

SabinePsynopsis said...

You are looking very beautiful in this summery outfit and setting, Dusk. And what wonderful light! Hope you are having enjoyable Christmas days. xoxo

Unknown said...

More! More! More!

Leia said...

Straight. Out. Of. A. Magazine. Shoot.

Tanvi said...

Say what now?!?! Are you sitting on something? Or is it a pure balancing act?!?!!

Anonymous said...

Great and cute photos!
wish you a merry xmas and a happy new year!!

ciao ciao from Rome
BExCLUSIVE MAGAZINE

http://bexclusivemagazine.blogspot.com/

Anupriya DG said...

Beautiful!!! Your poses always bring out the dancer in you! :)

L1L2 said...

love how the last three posts has been all about the stripes:)) but the green skirt adds a lot of festivity; and am not kidding but the yellow stars are perfect fall!

Ninjagaiden78 said...

This is a great pic.
You look beautiful.

windowshopz.com

Beautifully Invisible said...

It looks like you are sitting on a root or something - even if you are, you have some MAD skills. I would have fallen on my behind had I tried that pose. LOL

Gorgeous shot though - I love the composition!

duckalicious said...

awesome skirt + I looove your posing!

http://sweetandsourduck.blogspot.com/