My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Monday, May 4, 2015

May The Fierce Be with You

#MayTheFourthBeWithYou... Wow. What? As IF you DIDN'T know how much of a Star Wars freak I am?
...have I ever told you about the time I discussed Hinduism's influence on The Force with George [CLANG*] on the set of 'Attack of the Clones' and how his daughter was impressed with my Star Wars knowledge?

[*name drop the mic]

Dusk Devi Star Wars May The Fierce Be With You


I have a lot of 'Star Wars' stuff... I also have a Leia costume.  No, not the one on my t-shirt. The OTHER one.

I wore it to a costume party back when I had no qualms nor 'sk-inhibitions'.  Mine had a matching thigh holster for my lightsaber (Jedi-hards are allowed our modifications).

By the way, if you call it "Leia's slave costume" be prepared to 'force off'. It was Hutt slave costume. It became Leia's armour.

I was 6-7 when Star Wars came out ('77). Leia was my kind of princess. She had me at "aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" ...and then this iconic start to 'Return of The Jedi' ('83) was, for me, all about Leia's mental and intestinal fortitude.

Despite being enslaved, humiliated and tortured by Jabba and while still in chains- she kept her clarity and freed herself.
Without any help and without The Force.

Just The Fierce.

No comments: