My photo
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Photographer. Writer. 45yo Indo-Fijian Australian. Glam Feminist. Coconuts.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Sarah and Helga

...and me! 
Oh gosh, where do I begin?  How do I begin to tell you how wonderful it is to have met can't-describe-beyond-words Sarah and vibrant, vivacious Helga???  I adore them!
Sarah is my wicked wit blogidol and Helga is just a fiery ball of kooky fun! 

We started off our night at the opulent Absinthe Salon and ended it at Sydney's craziest karaoke bar, with some jazz accompanied sushi in the middle... eclectic, crazy, fabulously glamourous and fun... so, just perfect* for us!
*Sarah my love... hope that doesn't come across as  "...oh silly me, it's caught in my long lovely eyelashes..."!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  J


I was actually rather nervous!  So much so I had a wardrobe crisis!
I rarely have wardrobe crises! That link was the last time I had a wardobe crisis!
Could not find anything to wear, although I had pre planned a few outfit choices but didn't feel like wearing any of them on the day. 
So I 'settled' for this... and... as you will see after the jump... it was totally meant to be...


MORE pics after the jump!!



LOOK at how coordinated we are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Not intentional!
Sarah is wearing a red vintage treasure that she just bought the day before on their mega op-shopping trip and I think Helga too is wearing a sparkly number she found the day before, not too sure BUT...we absolutely complemented and complimented each other! 
I'm wearing a blood orange vintage gown that belonged to my mum-in-law.  It looks red in pics.

There's a better pic on Sarah's post.  Alas, the person who took this photo had his finger obscuring the flash so I've ended up with this shot...which is cool but you can't see what we're wearing.  Bummer. 
Also, I didn't take my DSLR, used my point&shoot so the photo quality is not as good. 


Sarah is Canberra based and Helga, although from Australia, is a Christchurch-er (and yes she was there when the earthquake happened).  I haven't met many bloggers, not even the ones who live in Sydney! 

I've only met Jemina but she's from Singapore and currently taking a break from blogging. 
...anyway, I'm sure I'll meet others... there are many international bloggers I would love to meet and have to meet but it doesn't worry me if I never meet the young Australian too cool for their igloo cloned hipsters. Yawn.

These are my kind of women.  Eccentric, smart, glamourous, witty, pithy, droll and heeeeeelarious, gorgeous, truly individual, not afraid to be fearless and just downright dripping with fabulosity.


KEEP CHECKING!!! THERE ARE MORE PICS! I JUST WANT TO GET THIS POST UP!!  I took 368 pics... some filtering (and censoring!) is required...

Please note: this post is backdated. We're not Cinderellas. We were not home before midnight.


***************

"hmmm...boobsinthe..."


This woman can REALLY sing!

This woman can really rock!


These women are out of this world!!





 
That's another thing we all have in common... we're all jazz singers.  Or ex jazz singers.
BUT... for some reason, as I have mentioned before... I suck at karaoke!  Oh that doesn't stop me singing and I sang, fo' shizzle, but... hmmm, no... not good...
Helga and Sarah were fantastic and Sarah!  MYGOD!  She has a sublime voice!
An 'Angel in the Morning' and afternoon and night and all day!
 
**************************************************************

11 comments:

kiran sawhney said...

You look so pretty in your ensemble. I am so jealous. You had such awesome time with your blogger friends. When are we meeting my dear Dusk?
You know my only inspiration to travel to Sydney will be to meet you. And that i will.

Veshoevius said...

What wardrobe crisis?? You look amazing! Muy flamenca!
Looks like you had a ball - wish I could attend something like this - would love to meet these ladies and you one day!

Anupriya DG said...

Oh! Where do I start??? Firstly, your li'l sequined number is just awesome....as is the gown (did it ACTUALLY belong to your Mom-in-law?????). Secondly, you all truly & beautifully complemented each other! Thirdly, you three seem to have had SO MUCH fun!!!! Wish I could be there....Sigh!

Tanvi said...

You all look like Rockstars and it would take a blind person to not catch the infectious fun vibe through these pictures!!!

And OF COURSE you look amazing in the fiery red number! I love :)

♡ from © tanvii.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sounds like so much fun. This is the first time you've met Sarah and Helga? Looks like you truly hit it off. Now, what did everyone sing?

Pull Your Socks Up! said...

You're all jazz singers and you turn up in GORGEOUS co-ordinating outfits? What are the odds?!!!! You three are such beautiful women and I adore each one of you - what amazing pics of such an incredible night. My god your dress is stunning and I love the addition of your massive bangles, chain harness and sequins - and your make up!!!!! I wish I was there too:)))) xoxoxoxoxo

Leia said...

Wowww! Firstly I can't believe that the color coordination was not intentional! You ladies all look absolutely amazing and it seems like you had a fabulous time. I love karaoke! And your dress, oooooh it is so glamourous and the purple accents are perfect and the sequin blazer is magnificent!

Leia

bollywoodstylediaries said...

That red number is magnificent!All three of you look fab and you guys seems to be having such a rocking time! party on!

mispapelicos said...

aHHHHHHHHHHHHH, My dear Dusk. I have been missing your posts. My blogroll didn´t update ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
How fantastic is this red dress on you???.
Loving the three of you.
I wish i would have been there, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Karishma said...

So eclectic! Look at you :)
It's been a while since I've stalked Dusk Zone. I've almost forgotten how much I love it.
xx.

Mulika Harnett said...

I wish I dealt with crisis with such aplomb! You look magnificent. And that same strength and power I have started to notice of you in words and images comes across.

Mulika x